Some teams copying us: Shane Warne

HoneY

MaaPeya Da LaaDLa
His team is now third in the points tally after Team Chennai and it is understandable that Team Jaipur captain, Shane Warne, is bubbling with confidence. And that is why the wily Aussie believes that some of the other teams in the IPL league are trying to copy his team's style of functioning.

"We are a little bit ahead of the pack. Some of the teams are copying our plans. It's important to change your gameplan according to nature of the opposition," Warne said here at the Sawai Man Singh stadium on Wednesday, ahead of his team's clash with Kolkata Knight Riders.

Team Jaipur didn't have a great start to the tournament, as they were thrashed by Delhi Daredevils. Thereafter, it has been a dream-run and everyone's impression about Warne's XI has changed.

Generally, the Indian fans are used to watching Warne the bowler. However, seeing him functioning as a captain is a new package altogether. "I am enjoying my role as a skipper-cum-coach of my team and I have a great support staff to back me up," Warne said.

For that matter, Warne has been quite particular about the basics of the game. So what if this format demands slam-bang stuff all the time? "Execution must be good to support our gameplan and that is only possible if you are nursing your basics well," Warne said while referring to his 20-year-long career mantra.

Warne also said that his squad is performing well due to a wide range of options. "Dimitri (Mascarenhas) has provided me with a good option. We have Graeme Smith as an opener and off-spinner and then Dimitri in the middle with Kaif. Watson or Tanveer as the fast medium option, so there is no worry whatsoever."

When asked about the recent spat between Harbhajan Singh and Sree Santh, he insisted: "Both Harbhajan and Sree Santh have nothing to do with us. We are concerned about our team and nothing else matters."