Singh heralds new - corrupt officials will be punished

Lily

B.R
Staff member
1270588887.jpg
New Delhi: Declaring that he "had a job to do and was not quitting", Prime Minister Manmohan Singh yesterday responded to questions on corruption and other issues confronting his 21-month-old United Progressive Alliance (UPA) II government.

He said "wrongdoers" would not escape and added that the country would witness the next round of economic reforms soon.

No escape

"You have my assurance that the wrongdoers will not escape," Manmohan Singh assured television editors and representatives of some international news channels at a meeting, viewed as a major media exercise before the crucial budget session of parliament which starts February 21.

During the 70-minute meeting at the Panchvati conference centre at his official residence, Manmohan Singh said the government was trying its best to combat corruption. Regarding whether or not he was disappointed over the delays in the CWG scam inquiry, he said the government was trying its "very best" but there was a due process of law.

"Sometimes it is frustrating... it takes time," he said.

Quitting

"I have never felt like quitting, I will stay the course," Manmohan Singh, 78, said in response to another query.

"I never felt like resigning because I had a job to do... We have a lot of unfinished business to accomplish," he said, adding that he had "never thought of giving up half way".

The prime minister said that in an alliance government, "there is a coalition dharma".

He said he was not afraid of appearing before any committee, including a joint parliamentary committee (JPC), as many people had said. The prime minister denied he was blocking the JPC inquiry into the 2G spectrum scandal demanded by the opposition.

"There is "entirely wrong impression that I was blocking the agreement on a JPC. I have always said my conduct should be, like Caesar's wife, above suspicion".

[/img][/COLOR]

shut the hell up mr manhoman singh.

i if i am allowed must call you an idiot since you have failed your countries' minorities.

I hope next time you visit the US they strip search you and you experience the same thing that indian people in france and US experience daily.

kanjjar

Banned
Funny how you telling him to shut the hell up and still calling him Mr. :haha
Anyways i kind of agree with your thinking about him...