Shriya Saran is a good friend: Dwayne Bravo

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_471a227892c511e6ab84dfe1f1607a79JPG-1.jpg

Charming, casual, warm and friendly, West Indies cricketer Dwayne Bravo surprises you with his easy-going attitude and quick smiles. The 33-year-old cricketer is in town to be part of a dance reality show, Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa.
He shares his amusement over the fact that a simple luncheon with actor Shriya Saran became the talk of the town. Here, he talks about why he’s not scared of following multiple interests and how biopics inspire people.

Your recent lunch with actor Shriya Saran made news.

It was the first time I went out after four days of work, and it created big news. I went out for lunch with her. She is a good friend and a beautiful lady. There’s nothing wrong in going out with someone.

Recently, a biopic on cricketer MS Dhoni was released. Would you like to have your biopic made?

Why not? It’s always good for people to see your story. They learn about where you have come from, and they can relate to the struggles you have been through. Many times, people don’t know what went behind making you successful. Most celebrities — be it from sports, music, business or entertainment field — have a story behind their success. Either, they come from a poor background, have had parents dying at an early age or have had their parents juggling multiple jobs and even sacrificing their joys for their kids and families. Sharing their story might help people who are struggling in their lives. Even teenagers may get encouraged to follow their dreams.

You are a cricketer, singer and a dancer. It seems being versatile is the need of the hour.

You need to be versatile in life. If you have the courage and the passion, you should try it. Many will tell you that you shouldn’t do this or that, but you shouldn’t believe them. I was born to play cricket, which is my natural talent. I make sure I fulfil my dream where cricket is concerned. Music and dancing are something that I developed over the years. If I am successful in one field (cricket), why can’t I be successful in more? It needs the same determination and commitment.

Your song Champion was quite popular. Are there other singing projects planned?
People have asked me what my next song would be. I have recorded a song but haven’t decided when to release it as yet. The kids loved Champion, which was really touching for me.

Do you see yourself acting as well?

I see myself doing everything that comes my way as long as it’s legal. I want to create a legacy and be thought of as someone who could turn anything he touches into gold.

Why did you decide to participate in the dance reality show?

I love dancing and am always open to challenges. I look for something different and am happy for having gotten this opportunity. I am a natural dancer. However, following professional dancing is difficult.