Shoaib Malik is a negative person who creates problems:Pak p

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Shoaib Malik is a negative person who creates problems:Pak players & Intikhab Alam

KARACHI: Banned former captain Shoaib Malik was seen as a "negative character and a bad influence" on the Pakistan team by senior players like Shahid Afridi and Mohd Yousuf, the leaked video of a PCB inquiry committee's proceedings has revealed.

The video has statements by Pakistan's former coaches, Intikhab Alam and Aaqib Javed and players Rana Naved, Yousuf, Afridi and Malik himself. From their comments it becomes apparent that Malik is the most unpopular person in the team.

Malik, who recently married Sania Mirza and is serving a one-year ban for indiscipline, is described as an "intriguer" and someone who promotes politics.

Malik along with four other players (the others being Younis Khan, Mohd Yousuf and Rana Naved) were banned on the recommendations of an inquiry committee in March.

And after listening to the comments about Malik, one committee member remarks, "Dimak ki tarah tha wo (He was like termite)."

"He is a negative person and he creates problems. I wanted him to be sent back home," former coach Intikhab Alam is heard telling the committee members.

Former assistant coach Aaqib Javed also has no good words for Malik but insists that the all-rounder is not the only one creating disunity in the team.

They also talk about how Malik faked an injury and refused to play on a green looking track in Queenstown at the start of the tour of New Zealand.

Intikhab also complains about how Malik after, agreeing to bat at number three, refused to do so in New Zealand and also purposefully sat out from the second Test in Sydney against Australia.

The comments made by former captain, Mohd Yousuf about Malik reveal the strong differences between them.

"He played politics all the time. Former chairman, Dr Nasim Ashraf made a big blunder and hurt Pakistan cricket when he appointed Malik captain in 2007 when his place in the side was also not confirmed. This led to other players also believing they could become captain, it set a wrong precedent in Pakistan cricket," Yousuf says.

Malik in his deposition also has no complimentary things to say about Yousuf describing him as a man with many problems.

"I went out during water break in the Sydney Test in Australia on the final day and told him to attack Mike Hussey but he didn't listen. His captaincy in Australia was pathetic, he has no confidence to take decisions," Malik tells committee members.

Malik said Yousuf started creating problems when he was dropped for the 2007 World Twenty20 Cup.

"I was captain then and he blamed me for his ouster. When they dropped him this year for the World Cup," Malik says.

"When I have no ambitions to be captain why should I create problems in the team? What purpose does it serve me?" he asks the committee members.

Interestingly, Shahid Afridi, during his statement before the committee, also tells them that Malik indulges in back biting.

"I told him clearly on his face that if he continues this practice of his double standards he will not survive in the team for too long and I will not have him in the team if I am made captain," says Afridi.