Salman Khan: I have no wedding plans at all

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
assignmentnameinbrief_21d6585eabb911e5bc-1.jpg

For many Bollywood fanatics, Salman Khan is the greatest superstar. From following in his footsteps with regards to his physique and behaviour to looking up to him for his charming demeanour, there are multiple factors that make Salman a revered name in India. Since he is one of the busiest celebrities in Bollywood today, it’s not easy to catch hold of the actor for a free-flowing chat. So when we caught up with the superstar a few weeks back (he turns 50 today; December 27), he opened up about the age factor, his film choices, working with the other Khans – Shah Rukh and Aamir, and more.

How do you feel as you turn 50?

I don’t feel the age at all. But recently, when I started training [for Sultan], I wasn’t able to do some of the stuff easily, which I could do effortlessly in the past. But then, I feel it’s (agility) all coming back. The muscle and mind memory is so amazing that it starts coming back on its own [when you need them].

At this stage of stardom and life, how do you go about work?

The first and foremost thing is that I keep my audiences in mind [while doing a film], and also the kind of money they will pay to watch my movies. So, if they spend Rs 150, Rs 250 or Rs 650, I keep in mind that when they come out of the theatres, they should be happy that their money has been well spent.

Are you immune to rumours about your marriage/engagement? In fact, Arpita (Khan Sharma; sister) had to deny your ‘secret engagement’ news to Iulia Vântur (Romanian TV personality)…

At that time, I was like, “You should have let this rumour play on for some more time. Let us also find out what it leads to.” If there has been no engagement, let’s at least enjoy rumours (laughs). May be, those rumours would have told us if we should go ahead [with marriage] or not (laughs).

So, are there no wedding plans at all?

Nothing at all.

Shah Rukh told us recently that the three Khans can possibly do the Ghostbusters (1984) remake. Is it possible for the three of you to work together?

Aamir, Shah Rukh and Saif can do it. Or perhaps some other Khan can also be taken, maybe Kader (Khan; senior actor) bhai or Razak Khan (smiles).