Quick Register
User Name:
Human Verification

Go Back   UNP > Chit-Chat > News

UNP Register

Old 18-Jan-2011
SAD will have to pay for victimising Cong workers

Hoshiarpur January 18:

Condemning vendetta politics of the SAD, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Capt Amarinder Singh said more than 30,000 Congressmen had been implicated in false cases and he would take erring officials to task if the Congress was voted to power.

Addressing a public rally in local Roshan Ground, here today, he served a warning to Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, saying, “Though I have no sense of vengeance towards you, I won’t leave those found guilty of victimising Congress workers.” “I don’t care what you do with me, but I will neither forget nor forgive what you and your people did with my party workers during the last four years,” declared the former Chief Minister.

Replying to Badal’s statement, Amarinder said, “You have grown too old and seemed to have lost your memory. I was very much around and will always be here in spite of all your efforts.” “I remember that you after becoming the Chief Minister registered false criminal cases against me and then got me out of the Assembly. But I did not go anywhere and returned to the Assembly with the orders of the Supreme Court,” he said.

He alleged that the ruling Badal government befooled the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) by seeking a loan of Rs 3,000 crore after presenting fake documents. “I have written to the RBI and sought that no loan be released to them as the government is not in a position to pay it back,” he said. Listing the failures of the current Akali-BJP regime, he said, every fifth person in Punjab was unemployed as out of 2.5-crore population, 25 lakh youths were unemployed. Because, he alleged, the Akalis did not do anything except for looting, robbing and victimising people.
The former Chief Minister said during his tenure, he specifically motivated the Reliance Group to launch the ‘farm to fork’ project in Punjab. This, he said, would have enhanced the income of the farmers, but the Akalis scrapped it just because they could not tolerate that the Congress was doing something for the farmers. He said not only the farmers but all sections of the society were alienated and disillusioned with present government. “Be it the employees, the unemployed, the traders, the industrialists or anybody else, nobody is happy with this government and they want to check them out.”

Referring to the ongoing campaign of Manpreet Badal against his uncle Parkash Badal and his cousin Sukhbir Badal, he said all were chips off the old block. On one side Manpreet opposed subsidies, on the other he himself availed subsidy of Rs 9 lakh for his kinnow fruit crop. “Manpreet would not harm the Congress in the forthcoming Assembly elections but would hit the SAD-BJP combine,” he said.

Amarinder alleged that sand mafia of Sukhbir Singh Badal and his brother-in-law Bikramjit Majithia were responsible for heavy increase in the sand price, which was available at Rs 8 per kg in Ludhiana. Prominent among those present on the occasion, included Hoshiarpur MP Santosh Chaudhary, Lal Singh, Luv Kumar Goldy, Ashwani Sekhri, Rana KP, Arvind Khanna, RC Dogra, Kamal Chaudhary, Sangat Singh Gilljian, DP Sabberwal, Charanjit Singh Channi, Shinghara Ram, Gulshan Rai Passi Monty, Mangat Ram Judge Mukerian, Chaudhary Ram Lubhaya and others.

Post New Thread  Reply

« Amarinder appears before court in corruption case | Fire breaks out at IOC depot in Navi Mumbai »