Sachin joins, sets Twitter ablaze

dc16

- dEsPeraTe cRaNky -
By now, you probably know the 'God of Cricket' is finally on Twitter. But what is worth knowing is that he is setting Twitter afire just like his batting.

Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar joined Twitter on Tuesday night around 11.30 with a 'RT' in his handle. His first tweet read: "Finally the original SRT is on twitter n the first thing I'd like to do is wish my colleagues the best in the windies."

In next two hours, even as Indians slept, he got 2,000-plus followers. After his first tweet, Tendulkar went on to tweet a few snaps: one with him holding two crabs, one with film director Vidhu Vinod Chopra and celebrity photographer Atul Kasbekar, and another a UNEP logo as part of his initiative as global ambassador for the UN Environmental project.

By morning, his followers list had swelled by many thousands. Tendulkar, who has opted out of the Indian team playing currently in T-20 Champions Trophy in West Indies, even broke the news of his colleague Virendar Sehwag becoming father again: "Woke up to the good news that Sehwag has become father of another baby boy. I wish the baby all the happiness & above all good health in life."

He then tweeted about his injured hand: "Got stitches removed and the dr feels it will (take) some more time to recover. Will keep you posted on this."

In his description, Sachin Tendulkar simply describes himself as a "Proud Indian". Latest count of his followers 32,000 plus while he himself is following only Zaheer Khan and Atul Kasbekar.

A very large number of people, including many celebrities, have already hailed his joining Twitter and have been sending him congratulatory messages. And going by Little Master's popularity, it seems he will set a record in cyberspace that will be difficult for many celebrities to surpass.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
lolzz look wat messages its showeing now

"Twitter is over capacity.

Too many tweets! Please wait a moment and try again."

hahhaha

prithvi.k

on off on off......
yeah it is..therefore just in few hrs he crossed 50k mark...and i think within an hour 1 lakh paar hojahu ga.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
by joining ppl like sachin..sure twitter hor famous hojahu ga..or else twitter nam ki cheedi nuh kon poochda/use kerda si !