Rs 11 lakh to anyone who shoots dead Kanhaiya

• Thread starter userid97899
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 458
U

userid97899

posters_kanhaiya_759.jpg
A poster on a wall in central Delhi offering reward of Rs 11 lakh to anyone who shoots dead JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar
Barely two days after JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar was released on bail, posters appeared in central Delhi offering a reward of Rs 11 lakh to anybody who shoots dead Kumar. The small posters bearing the name of the Poorvanchal Sena and its president Adarsh Sharma were seen at bus stops and Metro stations in the New Delhi district.

Adarsh Sharma, president of Poorvanchali Sena, said he put up at least 1,500 posters offering Rs 11 lakh for killing Kumar. Sharma also claims to live 10 km from Kumar’s Begusarai village in Bihar.

The posters in Hindi read, “Whoever shoots JNUSU president and traitor Kanhaiya Kumar will be rewarded Rs 11 lakh from the Poorvanchal Sena.” The poster is signed Adarsh Sharma, ‘Son of Poorvanchal, President, Poorvanchal Sena and his mobile number.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muXMi-Qsjd4

The posters were pasted after Kumar was released from Tihar jail and gave a defiant speech in JNU where he tore into Prime Minister Narendra Modi, the BJP and HRD Minster Smriti Irani. He also iterated that he had faith in the Indian constitution and democracy.

In a communication to the JNU administration, police has requested they be informed well in advance if Kumar planned to step outside JNU. “…so that necessary security/preventive measures may be taken in time to prevent any untoward incident,” read the communication.

Speaking to The Indian Express, Sharma said he was depressed with Kumar’s second speech. “Initially, I was supporting Kumar as I thought he was falsely implicated by the police, but I was shocked after hearing his speech. He wants partition and was attacking our motherland, which is totally unacceptable,” he said.

“After hearing his second speech, I discussed this with my people from Poorvanchal and we collected funds to publishing these posters. If someone kills him, we will give Rs 11 lakh after collecting money,” he added.

The New Delhi district police said they were looking into the issue and were planning to book Sharma on charges of defacement of property.