Road accidents, stabbings, and car racing: Pokemon Go is madness redefined

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
extralarge_071416053437-1.jpg

One week in and the Pokemon Go game has got more than 10 million downloads already. India is ranked 4th in the Pokemon Go APK (file) downloads and the game's daily active users in the world have surpassed that of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and even Snapchat.
This has to be a new definition of crazy. The augmented reality used in the game has people going nuts and they seem to be taking the game way more seriously than they should.

THE DEAD CAN WAIT, GOTTA GO CATCH POKEMON
On July 8, 2016, a 19-year-old girl in Wyoming, USA, was busy trying to catch Pokemon but stumbled upon a dead body instead.

1pokemongo_071416051858-1.jpg

When the police arrived, the unfazed Pokemon hunter she told the officer to carry on while she continues her 'all-important' quest to catch more Pokemon.
"I just got up and went for my little walk to catch Pokemon," teenager Shayla Wiggens told local KCWY news.
"I might go get a water Pokemon, I'm going to try," she told CNN. And you thought the dead are more important than Pokemon? Ha!

POKEMON DRIVING? SERIOUSLY?
On July 12, a 28-year-old in New York had the 'brilliant' idea of trying to catch a Pokemon while driving. Clearly, he hadn't thought this through because the Pokemon-engrossed driver soon ran into a tree.

2pokemongo_071416051858-1.jpg

The man suffered no injuries, apart from the momentary lapse of reason that made him think he could play Pokemon while driving. The entire front of the car was wrecked out of shape in the crash. And we aren't sure if he caught the Pokemon either.

OUCH! WHEN A WOMAN ALMOST LOST HER DAUGHTER
On July 13, 2016, Autumn Deiseroth, a teenage girl in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, was engrossed in her Pokemon quest while crossing a busy road. She is now in a hospital.

he teen met with a nasty road accident and had to be rushed to hospitalised.

"The Pokemon game took her across a major highway at 5 in the evening, which is rush hour," her mother, Tracy Nolan, said in an interview with local Channel 11 News.

"Parents, don't let your kids play this game because you don't want to go through what I went through last night. I really thought I was losing my daughter," her mother added.
She was playing the game and did not look both ways while crossing the road. She suffered minor bruising and injuries and will be out of the hospital soon.

FINDING POKEMON? LET ME TAKE A STAB AT IT
On July 11 21-year-old Michael Baker from Oregon, USA, was stabbed in the street but bizarrely, he kept playing the game. Because a hospital can wait.

4pokemongo_071416051858-1.jpg

At around 1 am when Baker asked a man if he was playing Pokemon Go, the enraged stranger, for reasons not yet known, stabbed Baker.

Michael Baker, in a remarkable display lacking in common sense, did not stop playing his game. Instead of heading to a hospital, he continued on this crazy Pokemon mission.
"Right after I was stabbed, I continued my mission to Plaid Pantry to get chips and beer," he added.
Eventually, he received eight stitches in his shoulder and will probably continue to catch Pokemon.

CATCHING POKEMON ON A RACETRACK IN A BMW
If these incidents sound boring, then meet the guy thinks sitting in a speeding BMW M3 on the daunting Nurburgring racetrack while catching Pokemon is normal.

5pokemongo_071416051858-1.jpg

Boosted Boris used a special service called Ring Taxi which allows you to book a ride in their race cars and take on the Nurburgring race track.
Using the Ring Taxi which he calls Poketaxi, he caught quite a few.

"Let's catch it. Let's catch de Bausterd," he exclaimed. Here's the full video of this next-level madness.
"Let's catch it. Let's catch de Bausterd," he exclaimed