Remember that British Airways Indian granny ad? It just won a US award

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_a7f9e48c12a211e685b58211428af2f6-1.jpg

Do you remember that beautiful ad by British Airways where an air hostess meets an old Indian granny on a flight? The advert went viral in February and has now won an award in US.
The ad was made by Masaan director Neeraj Ghaywan who shared the news on Twitter.

Neeraj Ghaywan ‎@ghaywan
#FuelledByLove A campaign for @British_Airways that I had directed won a Bronze at the A List Awards, Hollywood. THE A-LIST AWARDS : 2016 WINNERS
11:09 AM - 5 May 2016

Neeraj Ghaywan ‏@ghaywan 24h24 hours ago
#FuelledByLove A campaign for @British_Airways that I had directed won a Bronze at the A List Awards, Hollywood. THE A-LIST AWARDS : 2016 WINNERS

Neeraj Ghaywan ‎@ghaywan
Thank you for the wonderful team! Agency @SapientIndia: @kvpops @endowscopy, Surjo Dutt, @theniketkumar, Tulika and Client: Priti Khurana!
11:14 AM - 5 May 2016

Ghawan had said in February that the reaction to the ad was ‘simply baffling’. “We were not expecting this at all. The agency, SapientNitro, came up with this idea and we developed it. But the response has simply been amazing,” he had said, adding, “The CEOs and VPs of many agencies have been congratulating me. I don’t think many people from the industry have seen in as yet, however I did get a call from Anurag Kashyap.”

he A-List Hollywood Moving Image Advertising Awards is a creative advertising competition, dedicated to moving image advertising across all platforms. The competition accepts entries from around the world in Film/TV, Interactive, Integrated Campaign, and Craft Technique.
The video showcases the story how a British Airways crew member named Helena falls in love with India during her first visit to the country and also her emotional connect with one of the passengers, an old woman named Anandi.