Rajasthan construction worker’s son clears NEET

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_999718e8686e11e6b6e3b5d14dbfea3b-1.jpg

Chob Singh, a son of a small farmer, from a village in Rajasthan’s Dholpur district has overcome all hurdles to crack the prestigious National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
Singh, who studied under lanterns for the most part of his life, secured an All India Rank of 330 in Other Backward Caste (OBC) category and 1,413 AIR in general category.
Hailing from Basiyalalu village, around 15 km away from district headquarter of Dholpur, Singh’s journey to success has not been smooth.
His father, Ramsahay Singh, has only three bighas of agricultural land and also works as a construction worker in the village to support his family of five, including two sons, a daughter and wife.
“I myself worked in the agricultural fields while studying in a village school to help my father,” the 20-year-old said.
Ramsahay said that he faced difficulty in arranging for money for his children’s education but “eventually god has blessed them”. Singh’s elder brother is in college.

“I had to borrow over Rs 3 lakh for the education of my youngest child,” 44-year-old Ramsahay, who earns around Rs 8000-9000 a month, said.
Money was not the only problem that Singh had to face. “I studied under the light of gas-run lanterns in the night in my two-room house till Class 10 as we did not have an electricity connection,” he said.
He later joined a private school in Dholpur city after getting around 73% marks in Class 10 and secured 78% marks in Class 12.
“A school teacher from a nearby village advised my family to send me to Kota for coaching of medical entrance examination as a boy from the neighbouring village had also cracked a medical entrance examination in the past after coaching from Kota,” he said.

Singh joined Allen Career Institute of Kota in 2013-14 for coaching of medical entrance examinations.
“Although, I got selected in AIPMT last year but got a poor All India Rank of 6,400 and could not get admission in any medical college. I worked hard again and this year got a good rank,” he said.
Naveen Maheshwari, director of Allen Career Institute, said they provided Singh with a scholarship as they knew he was a deserving candidate.
He said that his father has worked throughout his life for him and his siblings and now it is his responsibility to help his family.
Singh is hoping to get a seat in Sawai Man Singh Medical College or any other good college in the state.