Raja too can offer to return money: Cong

Gill Saab

Yaar Malang
Taking a dig at Team Anna member Kiran Bedi for offering to return the excess money she had charged for her air travels from her hosts, Congress general secretaries B K Hari Prasad and Digvijaya Singh said former telecom minister A Raja, who is currently in jail in connection with the 2G spectrum allocation scam, could also offer to return the money.
“This means if the corrupt people return money, they will also be absolved of their crime. Then why has A Raja been kept in jail? Raja also returns money and comes out,” Digvijaya Singh told reporters here. Referring to Swami Agnivesh’s allegation that Arvind Kejriwal had diverted funds donated for India Against Corruption to his own trust, Singh said, “For what reason was the money taken for India Against Corruption if it is deposited in the bank account of another NGO? Kejriwalji talks about transparency and RTI. So, now he has to answer this.”
“Annaji had given a statement that the corrupt people should be hanged. What does he have to say about them (allegations against his team members) now. There are serious allegations against Bedi. Tomorrow, even Raja can say that he was taking the money for an orphanage,” said B K Hari Prasad. Dijvijaya Singh said the BJP’s defence of Kejriwal proved the alliance between Team Anna and the RSS and the BJP. “I am very happy that the BJP has categorically supported Kejriwal.
It has vindicated once again what I have been saying that the whole campaign of Anna Hazare and Ramdev has been conceived, planned and executed by the RSS and the BJP. I have been saying from the very beginning that there is an alliance and the entire game is being played as part of the alliance. Whatever I had been saying has been proved correct,” he said. BJP’s young MP Varun Gandhi countered Digvijaya Singh’s allegation that there was a nexus between his party and Team Anna and said the Congress general secretary should “stop tilting at windmills”.
“What nexus between BJP & Team Anna? I am an avowed supporter of the Jan Lokpal Bill, and yet have never met or spoken to Kejriwal, Bedi, Anna,” he tweeted. “Like every Indian, I’m just fed up with corruption & the inability of the system to combat it. Digvijayaji should stop tilting at windmills,” he added. While Varun Gandhi claimed he has never met Hazare, Kiran Bedi or Arvind Kejriwal, he had visited the Ramlila grounds when Hazare was on fast for the Jan Lokpal Bill.