Ragging at DPS Noida: 2 students beaten with iron rods, hospitalised

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Two students were injured in an alleged incident of ragging at the Delhi Public School hostel in Noida Sector 30 on Monday night, police said.
An FIR was registered against six identified and 12 unidentified students at Sector 20 police station following the incident, police said. The victims are class 11 students and the accused are students of class 12.
“On May 5, some class 12 students bullied me after which my heart beat and blood pressure shot up. I was rushed to Max Hospital. But the school administration did nothing. Again on the night of May 8, the same students attacked me with iron rods accusing me of complaining against them for ragging. One of my friends tried to save me but he was roughed up. I informed my father and both of us were taken to Kailash Hospital,” said one of the victims.
The victim is from Bulandshahar and his friend is from Kolkata. Both got admission in class 11 on May 1.
He said he was ragged and beaten up frequently and alleged that his seniors asked him to remove his shirt and sit on the floor. The victims were discharged after treatment.
“Both the students had injuries. They were discharged after medical check-up and primary treatment as their condition is stable and out of danger,” said Dr Sarika Chandra, casualty medical officer, Kailash Hospital.
The school administration said they would be able to comment on the issue on Wednesday. “As the working hours are over, we cannot comment on the issue,” said a school spokesperson.
The father of the victim, however, alleged the school administration was trying to hush up the case and did not want to take action against the accused.
“We hail from Bulandshahar. My son is a new entrant in the school. I am really disappointed with the behaviour of the school administration. I hope they will rusticate the students involved in the incident,” said the father.
The police said they were investigating the case and as all the accused are minors, the members of child welfare committee will interrogate them.
“The accused are minor. We are waiting for the counsellors of Childline India Foundation to question them,” said Amarnath Yadav, station house of officer, Sector 20 police station.

kit walker

VIP
Staff member
Children should be tamed for discipline. They should educated about their responsibilities towards society.