Police horse Shaktiman statue’s erected but removed 4 days later

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_b01b8f4e47fe11e6a5ed4b8bf40e703f-1.jpg

Hours after Uttarakhand chief minister Harish Rawat refused to unveil the statue of police horse Shaktiman at the police line in Dehradun, another Shaktiman statue erected close to Vidhan Sabha bhawan was removed on Monday night.
The horse died on April 20 after allegedly being hit by a BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi in March.
Two Shaktiman statues were erected in the capital. One at the police line and another near a crossroad barely 50 meters from the assembly building. It was expected to be inaugurated ahead of the assembly session that begins in the third week of July. However, on Monday night the police removed the statue .
.Earlier on Monday chief minister was scheduled to inaugurate horse status at police lines, where it is buried.
“Let next government decide (on unveiling Shaktiman’s statue), we have done our work” CM had said on Monday.
BJP MLA Ganesh Joshi said the statue of the horse has been removed on behest of the chief minister as astrologers have advised him to do so.

“Why CM was in a hurry to erect statue of Shaktiman and why he is now afraid of horse ghost” MLA asked.
Interestingly in the cabinet meet after seeking a trust vote in Vidhansabha in May this year, Rawat agreed to name the crossroad near Vidhansabha after Shaktiman.
Several on Twitter and Facebook also blasted the Rawat government for constructing Shaktiman’s statue.

Shweta Singh @shweta11singh
A police officer #Shaktiman was fatally injured during his duty and govt.fails to give him his due respect due to superstition#what the hell
11:41 AM - 12 Jul 2016

Gitanjali Das @gitanjaliDas89
Wow. Let's first beat up a police horse so he can die. Then we will erect a statue in his honour #Shaktiman
11:07 AM - 12 Jul 2016

b k chowla @bchowla
Now they are playing politics on statue of horse Shaktiman.. Haven't you a got enough on your plate?
11:33 AM - 12 Jul 2016

“#Shaktiman says thanks for the honor that I received after dying. But, I had never desired of my statue. I wish If some one could build a Good Vet Hospital where my people (animals) would get good health facilities, that I will always be thankful” wrote one Ankit Sharma on his Facebook wall.

Barely three months ago, the Uttarakhand police horse was the most revered animal for state’s politicians and the issue became a political hot potato with the ruling Congress blaming BJP leader Ganesh Joshi for Shaktiman’s death.
The 14-year-old horse was injured at a rally in Dehradun on March 14, where BJP workers clashed with police and Joshi beat up Shaktiman, triggering widespread condemnation.