PM’s ‘3 Idiots’ barb stings grand alliance

Jaswinder Singh Baidwan

Akhran da mureed
Staff member
Ahead of the third phase of elections to 50 Bihar Assembly seats tomorrow, the high-decibel verbal duel between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar escalated today.
Modi, who addressed three rallies in the state today, hit back at Nitish who yesterday parodied a film song to attack him. He likened the JD(U)-RJD-Congress alliance to “three idiots” and advised the Chief Minister to perfect the art of ‘mushaira’ and practise it at leisure after the Bihar elections.
“Yesterday, I saw Nitishji doing some ‘mushaira’. He felt that he will call some courtiers and journalists, recite poems and defeat Lalu by starting a new form of entertainment. I knew there are three partners in the grand alliance — the Congress, RJD and JD(U). But I wonder why Nitish babu chose a song from the film ‘3 Idiots’ for his first mushaira. Even if you wanted to parody a poem why did you think of ‘3 Idiots’,” Modi said addressing a rally in Sitamarhi.
Nitish, the grand alliance's chief ministerial candidate, had yesterday mocked Modi for not keeping promises and his frequent trips abroad using a song from Bollywood blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’.
“Behti hawa sa tha woh, Gujarat se aaya tha woh, kaala dhan laane wala tha wo, kahan gaya use dhoondo… (he was like the blowing wind, from Gujarat he came with promise to bring back black money, where has he gone? Find him,” Nitish parodied a song from the film.
Hitting back, Modi said, “What a game of entertainment Nitish babu… practise it, perfect it, you will get many opportunities after November 8 (the day of counting). You can then sing at leisure songs of your suffering and shed tears ruing why you left someone, why you joined someone. Keep writing poems on all this and keep shedding tears.”
Addressing public rallies in Sitamarhi, Betia and Motihari, he reiterated his promise of 24x7 power supply to every village till 2019 and each house by 2022 in Bihar, if the BJP-led alliance came to power. He attacked the state government for not utilising the Central funds for development and urged people to vote for NDA to witness the “real change”. (With agency inputs)