PM Modi speaks to Mahatma Gandhi's grandson living in old age home

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday spoke to Mahatma Gandhi's grandson Kanubhai Gandhi, who is living in an old age home here with his wife, and directed culture minister Mahesh Sharma to meet him.
Accordingly, Sharma met Kanubhai and spent about 45 minutes with him at Guru Vishram Vridh Ashram at Gautampuri in South Delhi.
After the conversation, PM directed the authorities to ensure that the couple has a comfortable stay.
"PM has taken note of reports about Shri Kanubhai Gandhi. He asked minister Mahesh Sharma to meet Kanubhai," PMO tweeted.
"PM and Kanubhai had a long conversation. They spoke in Gujarati and had a very pleasant discussion," PMO said in another tweet.
Later Kanubhai said that he is an old follower of Modi and he (Modi) remebered all the help I had extended to him.
At that time Sonia Gandhi was against both of us, he said, adding that "Modi understood everything in Gujarati".
Sharma later said PM Modi offered "all support" to the couple.
Yesterday, Delhi's SC/ST Welfare and Women and Child Welfare minister Sandeep Kumar had visited them.

ANI ✔ ‎@ANI_news
PM directed me to come here and to submit a report on the expectations & requirements of Kanubhai ji: Mahesh Sharma pic.twitter.com/anAP5t9KXR

ANI ✔ ‎@ANI_news
I was happy then, I'm happy now as well. He(Mahesh Sharma) came here to meet me, we had a good talk: Kanubhai Gandhi pic.twitter.com/UyhCu7h2ll

After over four decades of stay in the United States, Kanubhai (87) and his 85-year-old wife Shiva Lakshmi Gandhi had returned to India in 2014 and spent about a year-and-a-half in various Ashrams in Gujarat before checking into Delhi ashram on May 8.

Kanubhai is the eldest son of Mahatma Gandhi's third son Ramdas.
Kanubhai left India at the age of 17 and studied at the prestigious Massachusetts Institute of Technology and later worked at NASA's Langley Research Centre. His wife holds a doctorate in biochemistry.