PM calls up Mirzapur couple, christens baby

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Prime Minister Narendra Modi recently granted wish of a Mirzapur couple to name their new-born daughter after the infant's mother wrote to him. The girl's father, Bharat Singh, said he received a call from the PM who congratulated him and told him that their newborn would become their strength one day.

"Hello, main Narendra Modi bol raha hoon. Aapki patni Vibha Singh ka patra mila, aapko badhai, aapke ghar beti ayi hai. Is bachchi ka naamkaran Vaibhavi karein, isme mata evam pita dono ka naam hai (Hello, I'm Narendra Modi. I received the letter of your wife Vibha Singh. Congratulations, you are blessed with a daughter. Name the girl Vaibhavi, as it contains the names of both the mother and father)," Modi told Bharat on phone.
"The phone call from the PM left me in a state of bewilderment for a moment," Bharat, a native of Nayapura Hasipur village in Mirzapur district, told TOI, adding that his daughter is lucky that she got her name from the Pradhan Mantri. The couple, who is a great admirer of Modi, thought of requesting the PM to name their baby, who was born on August 13. "After my wife wrote a letter to the PM, I posted it to the PMO the same day through Speed Post," said Bharat. After Bharat's neighbours did not believe his story, he requested a PMO official for a letter on August 22, who assured him that his request would be conveyed to the PM. On August 30, Bharat received a letter from the PM.

"Aapke ghar beti ka agaman hua hai. Aapko khoob badhai. Vaibhavi ke sapne aap poore karenge aur Vaibhavi aapki Shakti banegi, aisi shubhkamanayein (Congratulations to you on having a daughter. My best wishes, you fulfil the dreams of Vaibhavi, and she will become your strength)," the letter read.