**Plz Vote for Taj Mahal**

Nehkalanki

Banned
So Shahjahan built the Taj Mahal for his wife Mumtaz Mahal. Big deal!
If I was an emperor, and had that kind of money, you can bet your
unmentionables that I’d do the same to show off my grief. His obsession
with love and the building of Taj are the frivolous opulence of the rich.
It’s an indulgence man!

This is what the Taj seems to say to me:
1. You are poor.
2. Shahjahan is the only guy who ever loved.
3. You’re a loser man, can you match this?
4. Shahjahan made the Taj, what will you do? Send a card?
5. In brief, if you can’t bury your wife under tons of marble,
you better stop talking about love and such stuff!

That dude Shahjahan had the luxury of dreaming of his lady love. He didn’t have to work
on the monument! He didn’t have to drag heavy stones, sweat through the hot summer
months and shiver through the cold winter.

The cruel obsession of one man for one rather ordinary woman (who has had magnificent press)
– the slaves were probably flogged to work faster. And it was not for some mere months,
but for 22 long years (years of ripe youth!) that his slaves toiled to fulfill his whim.

And when it’s all done, guess how does he reward the architect? If stories are to be believed,
the happy king ordered the pleasant reward of chopping off the architect’s hands.

So next time you think of the Taj as a symbol of love, please look beyond the picture postcards
you're sending home to your uncle and aunty. This monument, darlings, is a story of suffering,
subjugation and cruelty. Not Love.

Thanks

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member
Ok my question,who are the people conducting this poll and what authority do they have to enlist the 'new' seven wonders of world.

vikram_mavi

Guns & Guts Only 4 Jatts
Well it is Sad to hear that despite havin Population Level:1,129,866,154 (July 2007 est.) still Taj is lackin behind & acordin to vote counting done on 26 of July Taj Mahal got jst 5 Lakh votes!!!

But now Taj Mahal issue is heating up & i hope more n more peple frm India & as well as frm abroad will Vote for INDIA as now the Promotions r being done on Higher levels & chances have lightned up for Taj to get into the TOP 7 again as it truly deserves the place thr.