Photo of cop carrying BJP MLA in J&K goes viral

jassmehra

(---: JaSs MeHrA :---)
2265e508-4303-426b-982c-8b4471677f5dwallpaper1.jpg

A photo of a BJP MLA climbing on the back of his personal security officer (PSO) to cross a stream in Jammu and Kashmir has gone viral.

Justifying his action, the legislator said that the PSO has been employed by the government to help him.

"This is not misuse of power, the government has employed the PSO to help me, what is wrong if he helped me cross the rivulet," Krishan Lal told reporters on Thursday.

In the picture, the legislator from Chhamb Assembly seat, is seen crossing the rivulet on the back of his PSO. He said that both of them were helping each other as it was the duty of the PSO to help him cross the rivulet.

"No this is not bonded labour, we were crossing the rivulet when he volunteered to carry me on his back, we are here to help each other, we both are public servants," he said.

The MLA said in the past when he served in the area as a doctor for several years, he used to cross the rivulet of his own, but now that he has a PSO after he became an MLA, it was the duty of the PSO to serve the representative of the public.