PHELPS LOOKING AHEAD TO 2012 LONDON ....

Lily

B.R
Staff member
PHELPS LOOKING AHEAD TO 2012 LONDON OLYMPICS

London August 25:
Look out London, Michael Phelps is coming to the 2012 Games and he's thinking about adding even more events to his repertoire.
The Beijing Olympics and Phelps' eight gold medals are still making headlines, but the good news for his rivals is that London will be his last Olympics. And the bad news? He could be taking part in even more events.
"I am looking forward to trying some new events, some events I've never really had the opportunity to swim since my schedule is always so crowded," Phelps said, adding he's never competed in a backstroke event at a major international meet or in the 100-meter freestyle. Only a few swimmers will be breathing a sigh of relief after Phelps confirmed his future plans.
"No breaststroke, no distance swimming, no water open swimming," Phelps said. "At least those guys will still be my friends." The only other swimmers likely to be pleased by the 23-year-old American's comments are those young enough to compete in 2016.
"I've never wanted to go beyond 30," Phelps said. "I may go a few years beyond the Olympics. I said to my coach, 'Don't get any ideas because I don't want to compete beyond 30,' and he said, 'That's good because I don't want to coach you past the age of 30."'