Pakistan won't give India's most wanted
Pakistan won't hand over India's most wanted
India's is a kneejerk reaction: Pak |
Washington: Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari said on Tuesday his government was not responsible for last week's attacks on Mumbai and said he doubted India's claim the lone surviving gunman was a Pakistani.
"The state of Pakistan is no way responsible," Zardari told CNN's Larry King Live program.
Indian has said the 10 terrorists who killed nearly 200 people in the three-day rampage in Mumbai were from a group based in Pakistan.
Azam Amir Kasav, the only gunmen not killed by Indian commandos, told investigators he is a Pakistani citizen, Mumbai police chief Hasan Gafoor said.
But Zardari said India has provided no proof the gunman is Pakistani. "We have not been given any tangible proof to say that he is definitely a Pakistani. I very much doubt ... that he's a Pakistani," Zardari said.
Islamabad: Pakistan on Monday chose to downplay India’s allegations and strong reaction in the wake of Mumbai terror attack.
In an exclusive interview with CNN, Pakistan Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani said that India's allegations about the involvement of elements in Pakistan are merely a reaction in a troubled time.
“It is their (India’s) style. We will not get agitated. Let the proof come, only then will we give our reaction. They were in a state of anger in such a state they would have said something,” he said.