Oz teenagers thrash 22-yrold Sikh

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Oz teenagers thrash 22-year-old Sikh, remove his turban

######

MELBOURNE: In yet another attack on Indians in Australia, a Sikh was punched in his head by a group of Australians who also removed his turban while he was sleeping at a bus stop in Melbourne

Police said they are investigating the "unprovoked" bashing of the 22-year-old Indian youth who was punched in the head and had his turban removed as he slept at a bus stop yesterday.

However, the name and other details of the Indian man has not yet been known.

"The Yarraville man was asleep at a stop near Epping railway station in Cooper Street about 12.45 am on Sunday when a bus pulled into the depot and five males, believed to be believed 17 and 19 approached him," 'The Age' reported.

Two of the five youths allegedly bashed the Indian man, while their three companions are believed to have tried to stop the assault, the report said, adding that the 60-year-old bus driver and a passenger also tried to stop the attack. The five youths managed to escape from the scene.

"The victim suffered injuries to his mouth but did not need medical attention," the Age reported. Police have appealed for any witness in connection with the incident.

This is the latest among a series of racially- motivated attacks on Indians and students from the community.

Around 30 Indian students were attacked in various cities from June to August.

Last month, an Indian student was attacked with a "plank of wood or a baseball bat" by two men which left him with 20 stitches in his head.

The 28-year-old student was attacked by the men after he got down from a bus at Keilor Plains train station.

In September, three Indians were "brutally bashed" by a group of around 70 youth while playing here.

kangaroooos

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Re: Oz teenagers thrash 22-yrold Sikh,remove his t

same thing happen in June 2009

Aussie teens try to cut Sikh youth's hair
MELBOURNE: Aanother racial attack on Indian students in Australia, a 22-year-old Sikh youth was assaulted by a group of six teenagers, who tried to remove his turban and cut the hair.

Resham Singh, a student of hospitality course who came from Punjab six months ago, became the 20th victim within a month when he was attacked on Monday at Dandenong Station here.

Singh, who could not speak English properly, explained in Punjabi that "They first abused me and left and then again came back with more people and also got a pair of scissors along with them. They tried to remove my turban and cut my hair."

"My friends tried to save me," he said, adding "education agent back in India never gave me any information of how hard life will be here."

The attackers were later arrested by the police, Victoria police confirmed the arrest of the two persons but withheld the identity of the victim.

"The youths from Dandenong -- aged 13 and 15 years -- were charged with intentionally causing serious injury, recklessly causing serious injury and assault in company," a police spokesperson said.

Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has declared "zero tolerance" against attacks on students including Indians. Victorian police have also announced an initiative to mount stronger patrolling around train stations to curb any such crime.

"I came to know from my college friends about the job market and other information like safety and security issues when I reached here," Singh commented.

He said though the episode has shaken him he will continue his course and eventually get permanent residency.

Singh pointed out that he took a job of trolley pushing through his friend as he was not getting any job due to his appearance.

"No one was ready to hire me as I have beard and turban," he claimed.

more old cases-
https://www.unp.me/f46/three-indians-attacked-by-70-locals-in-australia-57138/

https://www.unp.me/f46/indian-journalist-assaulted-in-australia-52975/

https://www.unp.me/f46/harbhajans-nephew-killed-aus-racial-atta-49618/

TIGERJATT

Ki dekhi jande sohneyo??

gussa lage yaa naa lage par kise indian nu australia nai jaana chaiyda. us des wich koi tolerance nai. dekho, asli australian kaale aa (aborigines) tha ohna nu kina bad treat karde aa...

prithvi.k

on off on off......

yeah kangaroo jada hi jump mari jandeh.. now dont know next time ki news huni..frm there<aussie>

funny thing is when a aussie person comes to india our people treat him like he is god send.

Even on indian airports, there is seperate line for international passport holders and in the other line there are indian passport holders who are treated like sh*t by the authorities even though they are coming back to their own country.

India should learn to respect its own citizens and pressurize the aussie authorities to stop this bullcrap.

P.S - If anything happens to a aussie tourist in india there would be an uproar. On the other hand these senseless attacks are not even reaching the ears of our politicians. Maybe India should value its citizens a little more.

And the only reason why our people havent taken things into their own hands is because they have family obligations and they dont want to get deported because the first thing they do is deport you if you are an international visitor or student. Maybe we should start dishing out the same treatment at home.....and send the message to their ears. But even if that happens our Government does not have the balls to stand up to them. They will always support a tourist or the one with the dollars over their own citizens.

My Advice to sikh youth : Always keep the big baaj and solid big kara handy when you travel at night. In life death situations those can sometimes save you.

Grey Roo

Don't be mislead by attempts to blame racism for the despicable attacks on Indians in Melbourne. The facts are much worse. The Victorian Government is incapable of providing adequate basic infrastructure such as provision of policing for the safe use of the public transport system. Most Melbournians tacitly accept this by avoiding night travel on public transport in certain areas. But visitors believe the hype about Australia being such a rich and wonderful place. Be upset at the pathetic service provided by the state government - do not be hoodwinked by claims of racism.

Don't be mislead by attempts to blame racism for the despicable attacks on Indians in Melbourne. The facts are much worse. The Victorian Government is incapable of providing adequate basic infrastructure such as provision of policing for the safe use of the public transport system. Most Melbournians tacitly accept this by avoiding night travel on public transport in certain areas. But visitors believe the hype about Australia being such a rich and wonderful place. Be upset at the pathetic service provided by the state government - do not be hoodwinked by claims of racism.

I do get where you are coming from but....the case where the attackers tried to cut the sikh boi's hair is racism.

Maybe Australia should recall or republish the brochures that are handed out to international students that describe it as a safeheaven.:wacko

Grey Roo

I truly wonder if the attempted cutting of the young sikh man's hair is a racist act or the act of cowards attempting to add humiliation to harm. Any group attack on an individual is vile and to label such vile acts as "racist" is an understatement - these are violent, vile criminals who deserve nothing less than to be removed from proper society. Their acts are not within the scope of even the warped rationale employed by racists; they are worse (as impossible as that may seem) because of the unplanned opportunistic nature of the attack. Again I ask - where is the policing??

SherDil™

naNOX9™ Hardcore
Australia is most peaceful place than others. Night Travel is dangerous in some areas ofcourse. and nowa days its not a big deal even in India you'll find these kind of cases. You only face the problem when you get involve in it. I'm livin a happy life in Sydney for last 4 years.

prithvi.k

on off on off......
hope everyone read the news properly ?

ok flash back-
This is the latest among a series of racially- motivated attacks on Indians and students from the community.
In September, three Indians were "brutally bashed" by a group of around 70 youth while playing here.
"No one was ready to hire me as I have beard and turban," he claimed.
do he lying ?

well indian students reply them with the same way wat they doing...THEN this lines came frm the aussie pm
Don't break the law, Australian PM warns Indian students
Melbourne: An Indian Female journalist, who was working undercover to expose migration and education scams in Australia, was assaulted over the weekend.
The scribe was attacked when she was working on a report for the Four Corners programme
In a fresh attack targeting Indians in Australia, a student suffered up to 30% burns after a suspected petrol bomb was hurled at him in his home in Sydney.
The latest attack came as Shravan Kumar, a 25-year-old student from Andhra Pradesh, was fighting for life in a hospital here after being stabbed by a screwdriver by a group of teens in a weekend attack that also left three of his friends injured. Doctors have said they were not very optimistic about Kumar's recovery.

Another student Baljinder Singh, stabbed by two attackers with a screwdriver early this week, has been released from hospital today.(az on june 2009)
Australian cops punch, stomp on peaceful protesters
students were punched in the head and stomped on the chest by cops during the Melbourne protest rally on Sunday. They were
threatened with capsicum spray. One was admitted to the hospital after his "thumb was broken during the police attack", an eyewitness told an Australian newspaper..... JUNE 2009
Note - In past even arab students face like this attack.

if like this continious attack done to these aussie in india specially GOA & Mumbai az many aussie are there ? Then wat the australia gov have to say ?... Leave it, check the way/behaviour of the australian cricket team is,world knowz it.

Now the other side of the story -
Then also little bit i think ppl frm punjab have prob as they do not mix up with the society of that state/country.... and they only mostly sell their lands and go there or for education(education lol is just a reason, main aim is to get citizenship inother words somehow to obtain permanent resident visa of that particular country..az when they got it, even they dont get/lost job then also monthly income or watz it called unemployment monthly compensation u will get az by the rulz of australian/new zealand .. thatz 98% this is the main reason they go there).. therefore they only get mostly targeted by australian az they also know these things..
Well the above victim was sleeping at a bus stop at night time ? ..wat he thought angels will come or a women in a limousine will come near to him & stop , And says ooh poor boy come with me lolz......
They work az taxi drivers, trolley collectors create in public and private places,works as waiters in restaurants or cleaners and even in some public toilets or other business to support themselves ,they will do all these things there but not back in home country,because here they feel shame.
AND so Lastly I do not fully blame to aussies.

-------
UPDATE
Attack on Indians in Australia a very serious matter: India
Past also said this and the aus pm said no more like this attack will be in future..but after 3 months this happen,above news<sikh thrash>!

BANGALORE: India on Monday reacted strongly to yet another attack on Indians in Australia, terming it a "very serious matter" and said measures are
needed for the community's safety there.

A Sikh was punched in his head by a group of Australians who also removed his turban while he was sleeping at a bus stop in Melbourne.

"Certainly, this matter of attack on people of Indian origin in Australia is a very serious matter and government of India is very concerned over this matter", external affairs ministry spokesperson Vishnu Prakash told reporters here.

"The matter has been taken up at the highest level with the Australian side", he said, adding "measures have to be taken to put an end to this".

Recalling that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had earlier this year spoken to his Australian counterpart and external affairs minister S M Krishna visited that country in August, Prakash said "we were assured that Australia follows the policy of zero tolerance".

He said measures had to be taken to "put an end to this (attacks)" but hastened to add that Australia had indeed initiated a number of steps like increasing police presence, patrolling and better lighting in some areas and having mechanisms to interact with Indian students.

Prakash noted there are 90,000 Indian students studying in hundreds of colleges in Australia where there was a quarter million of people of Indian origin. So, education and immigration agents are encouraging the process. The role of some of these agents have to "improve" and "this aspect is being looked into", he added.

Australia has said that by next year, it would audit all the educational institutions to improve "gaps" in the system, the spokesperson added.