On An 'Impromptu Outing', PM Modi Dines at Indian Restaurant in Singapore

Goku

Prime VIP
Staff member
modiinsingapore_650x400_71448302525-1.jpg

Singapore: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today was a "happy guest" on his maiden visit to Singapore where he had a vegetarian dinner with his counterpart Lee Hsien Loong and his wife at an Indian restaurant in Little India. PM Modi tweeted about the plan right after his Singapore Lecture.

My friend and host, PM @leehsienloong is now taking me for an impromptu outing to discover Singapore. Watch this space for more.
- Narendra Modi @narendramodi) November 23, 2015

"Diwali lights & delicious Indian food. Thank you @leehsienloong," PM Modi tweeted along with photos showing the two leaders having dinner together ahead of their bilateral talks tomorrow.

modiinsingapore_650x400_51448302660-1.jpg

The hospitable host & the happy guest...PM @narendramodi at Little India. Chai Pe Charcha with @leehsienloong," said a tweet by PMO India.

PM Modi also clicked a selfie with Mr Lee and his wife Ho Ching.

Besides PM Modi, the selfie was also posted by Lee on his Twitter account, saying: "Ho Ching & I took PM @narendraModi to Little India. Took a #wefie after a delicious vegetarian meal."

Earlier today, Modi delivered a 20-minute '37th Singapore Lecture - India's Singapore Story' - soon after his arrival during which Mr Lee was also present.
The Indian Prime Minister flew reached Singapore after his trip to Malaysia in the second and final leg of his four-day visit to southeast Asia.

Little India - a precinct of Indian-origin businesses, eateries and pubs where South Asians working in Singapore spend their day off - was the scene of the December 8, 2013 riots, the city-state's worst outbreak of violence in over 40 years.