Punjab News Not expelled, left SAD on our own: Bains brothers

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Ludhiana December 31:

A after being expelled from SAD’s primary membership, the Bains brothers claimed that they had not been expelled and instead, had left the party on their own.

Simarjit Singh Bains and Balwinder Bains, along with their supporters, now plan to contest from Ludhiana constituencies. While Simarjit has already announced that he will contest from Atam Nagar and his brother from Ludhiana South — from where SAD had earlier given him a ticket — candidates for Gill (reserved),Ludhiana East and West are yet to be finalised.

“I had told the SAD party president yesterday that I will never take my name back from Atam Nagar, even if party does not let my brother contest. I had worked in SAD for nine years and was feeling suffocated. I was summoned by the party high command every time I tried to unearth the corrupt deeds of some officials or even our dear ministers. I was snubbed every time for speaking the truth and it was my political compulsion that I stayed in the party. Now, it is all over,” said Simarjit.

Calling his opponent SAD candidate and cabinet minister Hira Singh Gabria as a “corrupt” politician, Simarjit said that he was a great follower of social activist Anna Hazare. “Only honest workers will be fielded from Ludhiana West, Ludhiana East and Gill (reserved),” he added. On Friday, more than 100 SAD workers left the party and joined Simarjit. Balwinder, on the other hand, will contest as an independent from Ludhiana South, from where SAD is likely to field Mayor Hakam Singh Giaspura or his son Jaspal Singh.

“The mayor had done several wrong things. Whenever I had highlighted them, my mouth was shut. So, it does not matter who is contesting from which constituency. Now, only public support will matter,” said Simarjit. Meanwhile, senior SAD leader Ravinderpal Singh Khalsa, who resigned from the party on Friday, has announced his support for the Bains brothers. Khalsa is contesting as an Independent from Ludhiana Central.