My talent stands vindicated: Anu Malik on National Awards-winning song

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_5d87acaef70e11e59a4323ebef71ce06JPG-1.jpg

His compositions for Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015) were lauded by music aficionados. Now, Moh moh ke dhaage, one of the more popular compositions from the soundtrack by Anu Malik, has won two National Awards -- one for playback singer Monali Thakur, and another for lyricist Varun Grover.
“When your work is given such an honour, it’s soul-satisfying. I feel blessed and humbled that my composition was received so well and it connected with everyone,” says Anu.

Ask him if he expected such an honour to come his way when he was working on the track, and Anu says, “I only had the situation in mind. But, yes, I was aware that I had to create a tune that would stand the test of time. Also, I was working with Aditya Chopra (producer), Maneesh Sharma (producer) and Sharat Kataria (director) for the first time. So, I wanted to give it my best. Winning an award was not on my mind; making a song that would showcase my talent was the only priority. And today, my talent stands vindicated.”

The composer adds that he is thankful to Chopra for trusting him. “When the song was recorded, he said it was my finest creation,” he says .