Musharraf offers to bcom President again

Pardeep

๑۩۩๑┼●ℛŐŶ
KARACHI: With the situation in [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]Pakistan[/COLOR][/COLOR] raising concerns, former military ruler Pervez Musharraf said he would consider becoming President again
if he could play a useful role in the post even as he ruled out joining any political party.

Musharraf also opposed US drone attacks in Pakistan's tribal belt but said the country should take action to kill and root out the foreign militants sheltering in the region bordering Afghanistan. "If I am offered the post of President and if I can be a useful President...then I will want to contribute to this country," Musharraf said. Addressing a news conference here on his return from a four-day visit to [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]India[/COLOR][/COLOR], Musharraf however made it clear that he did not "want to be a useless President".

He was answering a question about his remarks in India on the possibility of becoming President again. Musharraf, who resigned as President in August last year to avoid impeachment by the Pakistan People's Party-led government, said he had no plans to join any political party.

"I am not joining any political party. In the current environment, I have no intention of joining politics. Frankly, I haven't given any serious thought to joining politics," he said in response to another question.

Pakistan has been hit by stand-off between the PPP and the main opposition PML-N since the latter's leaders Nawaz and Shahbaz Sharif were barred by the Supreme Court from contesting polls and holding elected office.