Miracle baby home

SehaJ

Troublemaker
Miracle baby, who had fallen off a running train soon after her birth, returns home, safe and sound

SWAROOPGANJ (Rajasthan): Radha, the brave one, is home. The miracle baby born exactly one month ago when she slipped through a moving train’s toilet bowl and crash-landed on the rocks below is being cosseted with gifts, many blessings and even some marriage proposals!

Her birth is being seen as a miracle. It was about midnight on February 27 when her mother Bhoori unexpectedly delivered her over a toilet bowl in a moving train that was racing towards Ahmedabad. The child weighing just 1.4 kg fell between two steel tracks and was found two hours later on the cold night but survived.

A month later, Radha, fondly called Jodha for being tough enough to endure the trauma of her birth, is home in Swaroopganj, near Jaipur, after her hospital stay in Ahmedabad where father Prabhuram Kalbi works as a cleaner in a shop.

People from all over the town and even nearby villages are gathering around the house eager to catch a glimpse of the baby.

“I have come here to see her and give her my blessings to her,” said Jethibai, her grandmother.

For her 12-year-old sister Dolly, Radha is a precious prize she can’t share with anyone else.

“She is my sister, don’t touch her,” the possessive sister has been telling the curious visitors thronging the house.

People have been bringing fruits, clothes and gifts for the child. And even two proposals from the community.

“Yes we have got two engagement proposals from our community. They have communicated to us that they do not want any dowry. According to them, no trouble can come near a child who has god’s blessings with her,” said a relative.