Meet the CBSE Class 12 toppers from across the 10 regions

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
topper_03879ddc1f5d11e6878cac18b651cb15-1.jpg

Students, who topped the Central Board of Secondary Education’s (CBSE) Class 12 examinations this year, worked hard to achieve their goals and want to do more to make their families and schools proud. A Delhi girl led the list of toppers in the examination, results of which were announced on Saturday, with two students from Haryana securing the second and third positions.
Girls have once again led the way in the Class 12 examinations this year. They outperformed boys by a margin of around 10% and their pass percentage stood at 88.58 as compared to 78.85 of boys

We take a look at the toppers from across the 10 regions:
1. Sukriti Gupta, Montfort School, Ashok Vihar, New Delhi; 99.4%
Sukriti, a student of science, scored 497 out of 500 in the exam. She scored 100 in physics and chemistry, and 99 in mathematics, English and computer science. Sukriti will appear for the JEE advanced exam on Sunday.

2. Palak Goel, Tagore Vanasthali Public School, Pehowa, Kurukshetra, Haryana; 99.2%
Palak wants to become an IAS officer, but at present her focus is to become an engineer and crack the IIT. “I was confident of scoring 95%. It was a bit of a surprise that I got 496 marks but I am very happy that my hard work paid off,” Palak said. Palak had non-medical subjects and she scored 100% in physics, 99% each in chemistry, mathematics, english and physical education. Palak’s mother is a housewife while her father Subhash Goel is a Commission Agent.

3. Somya Uppal, St Theresa Convent, Karnal, and Ajish Sekar, of PSBB Secondary Senior, KK Nagar, Chennai; 99%

_60e38b2e1f6411e6878cac18b651cb15-1.jpg

Ajish, a science student from Chennai, scored 495 to jointly become the third topper, along with Somya Uppal. “I knew I was going to do well, but I didn’t expect this,” said Ajish. Scoring full marks in this year’s notoriously difficult Maths paper, Ajish also managed to get 99 marks for the Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science exams, and 98 for the English paper.

“I like Physics the best,” he says “But I want to follow computer science, like my dad.”In a state in which historically girls perform far better than boys, Ajish managed to score 495 marks out of 500. “He studies very hard,” says his mother, Shanthi, whose broad smile hints at the excitement she feels. “But he also plays with his friends and is a fan of computer games - he commits to whatever he does 100%.”

4. Anshul Bhadauria, Manipal Public School, Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; 98.6%

_97db562c1f6211e6a45136c3a3fdf989-1.jpg

Anshul proved everyone who believes that one cannot score high in subjects that are generally offered in humanities, wrong.

She obtained 493 marks to top the CBSE Class 12 examinations in the Allahabad region. She scripted history of sorts by scoring a perfect 100 in history, 99 in psychology and physical education, 98 in economics and 97 in English.
Anshul wants to become an economist and help the country fight poverty.

5. Ayush Jain, St Xavier School, Jaipur, Rajasthan; 98.4%

_4e01d38e1f6011e6a45136c3a3fdf989-1.jpg

Ayush scored the highest in Jaipur with an exceptional 99 in chemistry and physics and a 98 in biology. But it was Informatics Practices that got him a perfect 100.
Jain wants to become a doctor like his father and credits him for being the inspiration in his life. “I have already started preparing for AIPMT. I want to be a doctor like my father,” said Jain.

6. Harshita Sharma, Milton Public school, Agra, UP; 98.2%

_5744af081f6411e6878cac18b651cb15-1.jpg

Harshita, who topped Agra, aims to become a software engineer and doesn’t like wasting her time on Facebook or any other social media website.
Younger of two sisters, Harshita will be writing Sunday’s JEE Advanced.

7. Mudita Jagota, DAV Public School, Faridabad, Haryana; 97%

_526d8ea01f6411e6878cac18b651cb15-1.jpg

Mudita Jagota topped the CBSE Class 12 exam in differently-abled category by scoring 97% marks. A student of DAV Public School, she scored 485 marks out of 500. “Dedication and willpower are key to my success. Whenever we do hard work, there will be results. My parents taught that to me,” she said. She plans to pursue Psychology or English honors in future.

8. Sumedha Pathak, Glorious Academy, Varanasi, UP; 91.04%

A differently-abled student Sumedha, who drew inspiration from Prime Minister Narendra Modi, scored an impressive 91.04% and wants to become either an “IAS officer or an economist”.
A student of Glorious Academy in Varanasi, the Lok Sabha constituency of Modi, Sumedha lost movement in both her legs two years ago after an infection in the spine.
“I dream big. I can’t let anything take over them. What was destined had already happened. There is no use of looking back now. I would work hard to achieve my goal,” she said.