Manpreet to file RTI plea for Sukhbir, CM expense record

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Chandigarh December 14:

Former Finance Minister and MLA from Gidderbaha Manpreet Singh Badal said he was filing an application under the Right to Information Act (RTI) to get information on the expenditures made by Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal, other Ministers and myriad chairpersons in the Government under the heads of travelling allowance, daily allowance, medical bills and foreign trips.

“Since the Government has not responded to my call of issuing a white paper on this expenditure, I have decided to go for Right to Information Act. Once the information is out in the public domain, people can themselves see the real situation,” said Manpreet in a statement.

Manpreet said public should not allow any such thing. “We cannot let the debate die down. Punjab cannot afford to be callous about its finances. I only hope that the concerned departments give the information quickly, which in turn will facilitate an intense debate as well as show the extent of wasteful expenditure being done by some people at the cost of exchequer,” said Badal.