Punjab News Manpreet, deputy cm exchange barbs

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Chandigarh April 9:

Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said that his Manpreet Singh Badal himself was answerable to the people of Gidderbaha for the reign of terror unleashed by him during the last four years.

He said that the SAD-BJP Government did not believe in vendetta but the law of the land would take its own course. Reacting to Manpreet Badal’s agenda of not including blood relatives in his proposed Cabinet, Badal quipped that after enjoying power and perks for four years merely on the strength of being the nephew of Parkash Singh Badal, he should not feign sainthood.

Manpreet Singh Badal in a statement said: “Persecution of my well wishers and supporters has not been a new thing. In fact, ever since I have resigned, everyone who dared to associate with me right from the people who wished to attend my rallies to my enthusiastic support staff members has been targeted for intimidation and harassment.”

“By involving my two former officers on special duty in a peculiarly timed controversy, the ruling Government has only confirmed its worst reputation. I am surprised that whereas Chief Minister and the Deputy Chief Minister keep making platitudes about not adhering to vendetta-based politics, their conduct is quite contrary to what they profess,” said Manpreet in the statement.