Mann seeks Nandgarh’s support

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Talwandi Sabo February 9:

SAD (Amritsar) president Simranjit Singh Mann visited Jathedar Balwant Singh Nandgarh at his residence on the premises of Takht Damdama Sahib and sought his support for the coming SGPC elections.

A meeting between Mann and Nandgarh lasted for nearly 40 minutes. Curiosity among people gathered there to know about the actual exchange between the two was quite visible. Besides politicos, some CID officials were also seen eager to get first-hand information about the meeting.

After the meeting concluded, Mann said he apprised Nandgarh of the vision and strategy of his party and sought his support for the candidates that his party was fielding in the poll. “Nandgarh gave one-line reply that he has made commitment to no party and will support only those candidates who stood firm over the principles of Sikhism. As our candidates thoroughly follow the tenets of Sikhism, we expect Jathedar Sahib would support us,” said Mann.

In reply to a query, Mann said the SAD (A) had planned to contest the SGPC poll for all 170 seats. As many as 112 candidates had been declared and the process of finding suitable candidates for the remaining seats was on, he added. About his own candidature, Mann said he would contest from Fatehgarh Sahib.

He was accompanied by party leaders, including Barinder Singh Mann and Gursewak Singh Jawaharke. Later speaking to the media, Nandgarh said: “Mann had come to enquire about my health and also asked for support to his candidates in the coming SGPC poll. I have made it clear to him that I will not support any political party. I am only with those persons who follow the principles of Sikhism.”