Man killed after his mobile explodes

Quick Register
User Name:
Human Verification

Go Back   UNP > Chit-Chat > News

UNP Register


Old 04-Feb-2009
Man killed after his mobile explodes

Man killed after his mobile explodes, severing an artery

A shopworker has died after his mobile phone exploded,
severing a major artery in his neck.

It is believed that the 20-year-old man had just finished
charging the phone’s battery before placing it in his breast
pocket. Police in Guangzhou, China, are investigating
whether the phone was counterfeit.

The man, believed to be an employee at a computer
shop in Guangzhou, China, died after putting a new
battery in his phone.

Local Chinese daily Shin Min Daily News reported that
on January 30 at 7.30pm a shop employee heard a
loud bang - and saw her colleague lying on the floor
in a pool of blood.

Alarmingly, local reports claimed the incident was the
ninth recorded mobile phone explosion in China since 2002.

In June 2007 welder Xiao Jinpeng, 22, died from chest
wounds when his own mobile exploded while at work at a mill.

A government inquiry said the phone's lithium battery
had exploded due to heat from the mill.

Also in 2007 a South Korean man was found dead in
a quarry with a burning mobile phone stuck to his chest.
It was initially thought his phone had exploded, killing him.

However a co-worker later admitted to making the story
up after he accidentally backed over the man in an
excavator, pinning him to a rock and killing him.

Chinese media published advice for mobile phone
users after the explosions, including:

● Always use original batteries
● Never modify your phone
● Always use original battery chargers
● Do not expose your mobile phone to high temperatures
● Avoid exposing it to direct sunlight
● Avoid long phone conversations
● Do not make or answer calls when the phone is charging
● Try to keep your phone in a bag instead of in a pocket
● Do not use damaged batteries.

Old 06-Feb-2009
Re: Man killed after his mobile explodes


Post New Thread  Reply

« 4 Year old Girl Die in Washing Machine | Sri Lankan Army bombs hospital in Wanni »