Man holds on to body of daughter who killed herself in Noida

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
A man who believes that his daughter was murdered has preserved her body for the past over 30 days in his mango orchard in Kannauj. He has used natural oils and chemicals to preserve it.
Vishambhar Yadav’s daughter allegedly jumped from the 17th floor of her residential building in Noida on April 20.
The girl, Ritu Yadav, was an engineering student at a private university in Noida.
In her suicide note, she accused her four flatmates of mentally and physically torturing her. The girls were arrested for abetting Ritu’s suicide and sent to jail. The Noida police have filed the chargesheet in the case.
Vishambhar Yadav said he has preserved the body as he wants the administration to conduct another autopsy at the Agra forensic lab and register a case of murder.
He said he has placed the body in a pit filled with chemicals and applies natural oils on it every alternate day to prevent decomposition.
Yadav met district magistrate of Kannauj Anuj Kumar Jha on Monday with the request to conduct a second postmortem of the body. He alleged that the accused girls had thrown Ritu off the building.
“My daughter had called and told me that the other girls had harassed and beat her in the presence of a boy on the night of April 18,” he said.
“She told me that she was hit with a beer bottle. I told her and the other girls not to fight. I also told them that I will reach Noida soon,” he added.
Yadav and his wife learnt about their daughter’s death when they had just boarded the train in Kanpur for Noida.
Yadav said the police got the autopsy conducted in his absence and tried to save the girls.
After receiving the body from the police, Yadav brought it to his Sahnapur village in Tirva tehsil, where he preserved it.
Despite pressure from family members, he has refused to cremate it.
“The body will not be cremated till another autopsy is conducted at the Agra forensic lab. We have approached the chief minister as well,” said Deepankar Yadav, the girl’s uncle.
The Kannauj DM said he has no jurisdiction in the case. He said the Noida police can go for a second autopsy if the investigating officer feels that it is imperative for investigation.
“We have conveyed our stand to the parents. They will take up the issue with the Noida police,” he said.
Dinesh Kumar, SP Kannauj, said the police will do their best to help the parents despite jurisdictional constraints.