Man finds lost dad after 37 years on social site

prithvi.k

on off on off......
LONDON: A father and son were reunited in Britain after 37 years, thanks to social networking site Facebook where they recognised each other's facial features, a media report said.

According to the Daily Mirror, 39-year-old Andy Spiers-Corbett was just two when he last saw his dad Graham Corbett, now 61, who left after he divorced his son's mother. Over the years, they tried to find each other — even using private detectives — but without success. Two weeks ago, Andy typed his dad's name on Facebook and immediately recognised Graham, who had the same eyes and nose as himself.

"There were about 15 Graham Corbetts that came up but I saw this picture and my heart just started pounding. I knew it was him.

"It was like looking at a picture of me when I'm older. We have the same nose and eyes. I sent a message and a day later got one back saying, 'Hello son'. I couldn't believe it," Andy was quoted by the British tabloid as saying.

Graham, who re-married and had three children, lived just 17 miles away in Evington, Leicestershire. The pair had an emotional reunion several days later.

Graham, a former civil servant, said, "I was in bits when he came to see me. Tears were shed but now we're making up for lost time. I'm so happy."

Andy, who is retired after serving in the Royal Armoured Corps, was also introduced to his two half-brothers and half-sister. He said, "It was strange, but he has told them about me so it was like I had been in their lives anyway. It was easier for them because they knew about me, but they greeted me with open arms and hugs."

Graham met his 11-year-old grandson from his son's previous marriage. He said: "It's absolutely unbelievable, I've been looking for him for so long. I explained I had been looking for him for years and years,'' he said.