Punjab News Major reshuffle in I-T Dept

chief

Prime VIP
Chandigarh, July 9

In a major administrative reshuffle in the I-T Department as many as 171 officers have been given new postings. Sixteen of these officers have been posted in Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh.

One of the significant postings in the region has been of Yograj Saini of the 1983 batch who has been shifted from Chennai to Chandigarh. He is new Director (Investigations).

HC Negi will be the new Commissioner-II, Chandigarh, while SK Mittal has been posted in the Income Tax Tribunal, Chandigarh.

Baldip Singh Sandhu, who was until recently Financial Adviser to the Punjab Government, becomes the new Commissioner (Appeals), Patiala.

Harjit Singh has been shifted from Bathinda to Amritsar as Commissioner-II while Balvir Singh has been shifted from Hisar to Karnal as Commissioner.

Kulwant Singh will be the new Commissioner-I at Ludhiana while Harbhajan Singh goes to Amritsar as Commissioner-I. Surinderjit Singh will be the new Commissioner (Appeals), Amritsar.In Chandigarh, AK Kaushal becomes Commissioner-I. Earlier, he was Commissioner-II in Chandigarh.

The new Commissioner-II in Jalandhar will be Rakesh Suri while Subash Kumar will be the Commissioner-I there.