Mad rush on to unmask Singh's 'special someone'

Lily

B.R
Staff member
2734185425.jpg
Mohali: Yuvraj Singh, who hails from Chandigarh, returned home to a great welcome.

Hundreds of fans who got wind that Team India would be flying in on Jet Airways, waited at the entrance with flowers and garlands to greet their hero. Unfortunately, they could not get to meet Singh as he was whisked away from the airport through another exit.

What has now left everyone confused about Singh is as to who is that ‘special person' he mentioned in his post-match interview after the quarterfinal against Australia. It seems fans in this city have not rested ever since Singh mentioned this after his match-winning performance against Australia in Ahmedabad that he was doing well because of a special person.

The Indian media is on a mad chase to identify this person before Singh announces this later on, as he had said he would if India reach the final.

Who is that person capable of transforming Singh so much that he has bagged four consecutive man of the match awards following his lean spell?

Mental aspect

Singh's father, former Test star Yograj Singh, when quizzed about it, wriggled out saying: "It could be Sachin (Tendulkar). He has played a big hand in his turnaround. My son has had long discussions with Tendulkar recently on the mental aspects of the game. I think he will dedicate it all to his mother and Sachin."

However, no one seems to be satisfied with his answer.

Meanwhile, there is also speculation doing the rounds that a spiritual guru is behind his success. It seems Singh's mother introduced him to this guru and he now wears a pendant from the guru.

"I am playing this tournament for a special person. I am trying to play well for that person because whenever I am in crisis, I think about him. This is the moment I have lived for all my life as a cricketer," Singh had remarked in Ahmedabad.

Meanwhile, a few believe that it could be his new girlfriend. Singh was linked to many top Bollywood actresses. Some newspapers claim that it could be his ex-flame Anusha Dandekar, who was seen cheering him as Singh went on thrashing the Australian attack.

[/img][/COLOR]