Leave Sreesanth alone, Jayawardene says

Lily

B.R
Staff member
New Delhi: S. Sreesanth is known for his aggressive on-field approach and Indian captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni at times has found it difficult to handle the temperamental pacer.

But Kochi Tuskers captain Mahela Jayawardene says the going has been smooth for him so far and sometimes Sreesanth should be left to express himself on the field.

"I have not found it difficult to handle him. He has been bowling well in the last two matches and creating opportunities. Sometimes you should let him be his aggressive self and at times you need to talk to him," Jayawardene said after his team's seven-wicket victory over Delhi Daredevils in the Indian Premier League (IPL) Monday.

With the win, Tuskers are in sixth position in the table with eight points. Jayawardene hopes that the victory will give them the momentum.

"We would love to have consistency in the tournament. We have lost some close matches and hopefully with this victory we will get the momentum.

Tough but good

"The Kochi wicket was tough for us despite being the home team, but here this wicket was good to bat."

"I thought 160 would have been a par score on this pitch. We bowled according to the plan. The bowlers did a great job in executing the plan. We could not do that in our home game against Daredevils," he said.

"While chasing we got off to a good start. It is good to have Brendon McCullum back among runs," he said about the explosive opener who blasted 37 off 19 balls.

He also praised left arm seamer Prasanth Parmeswaran who made his debut. "He bowled a good angle to Sehwag. It was a gamble I took and it paid. We knew we had to get the wicket of Sehwag early."