Kiss Fest at Ekta Kapoor’s Auditions

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Kiss-fest at auditions

If you want to grab a role in one of Balaji Telefilms’s drama-filled shows and think that shooting off a few lines in front of the camera will suffice, this one is for you. Ekta Kapoor recently made 200 young boys and girls do far more than just look good and mouth a few lines. As her forthcoming untitled show demands intimacy, she asked those who went for the auditions to smooch random people from the opposite sex so that she could decide if they fit the bill or not.

83 couples shortlisted

83 couples who met Ekta’s requirements were shortlisted. The audition for this show, which has been kept under wraps, has been going on since one-and-a-half months. Most of those who had gone to the Balaji office to audition for the new project were shocked at being asked to kiss those they don’t know, that too passionately. Some openly refused to do it. A source says, “Many of them were shocked and decided to pack their bags and go home.”

Adam Bedi, Sakshi Pradhan among those who kissed

“This is Ekta Kapoor’s pet project and she is keeping a close watch on all the auditions that have been taking place,” adds our source. Adam Bedi, his wife Nisha and Splitsvilla contestant Sakshi Pradhan were some of the actors who auditioned and managed to kiss freely without developing cold feet over the strangest of the auditions

'Will have to kiss openly'

Vikas Gupta, project head, confirmed the news and said, “Yes, this did happen. We hadn’t informed those who came for the audition that they would have to kiss openly. I can’t tell you for which show or film we had these auditions. It’s too early to talk about it. The management is yet to decide if it will be a fiction show, reality show, a film or something else altogether."

Not cheap but classy: Ekta

Ekta too refused to divulge any details about the project. “It will come on television but only at a later date. Right now, all I will say is that I am creating a new medium and this is not anything cheap but something very classy waiting to happen,” she said. When asked about him and partner Nisha being shortlisted during the auditions, Adam Bedi said, “I am still waiting to hear from Balaji.”
######

prithvi.k

on off on off......
Kiss Kiss Ko Bolu…

Mumbai-Borivli resident, 24-year old Trupti Shukla, who went for an audition to Balaji, recounts the gruelling discomfort she experienced when asked to lock lips with a stranger and don a swimsuit…

On September 8, Mumbai Mirror broke the story of how boys and girls were asked to smooch each other at the Balaji office, if they were interested in being cast for a forthcoming show. A distraught Trupti Shukla, who auditioned at the Balaji office last month for the same project, is rather shaken up. “I need to tell you what transpired when I went there,” she told Mumbai Mirror yesterday.

Trupti says she auditioned at Sankraman (Goregaon) a couple of months ago for a show based on the fashion industry for Balaji. “After a few days, I got a call from a girl informing me that I had been shortlisted and that I should come to the Balaji office at Andheri. The show was meant to be something on the lines of an MTV Roadies or Splitsvilla. However, I was shocked when she told me that I was supposed to come in ‘minimal clothing’. My mother was flabbergasted but I still went. I did not adhere to the instructions.”

Describing what she witnessed, Trupti says, “Many girls hadn’t come in skimpy clothes but they had got some extra outfits that they were changing into. They soon changed into some rather revealing outfits. I, for my part, had worn jeans and a full-sleeved shirt; I hadn’t taken a change of clothing. Thus, I waited my turn in the very outfit that I had worn.”

Things got nasty soon enough. Trupti claims, “We were told that we had to meet Vikas Gupta (project head) ‘one-on-one’. He was wearing a T-shirt and bermudas. The first question he asked me was how good I would be at smooching someone. I fumbled. The second question was equally revolting. He asked me how good I would be at carrying off a swimsuit. I told him that I had come there to do some performance-oriented role and this was not something that fit the bill. Vikas then replied that there was a lot of performance-oriented stuff that I will be doing in the show, but smooching and donning a swimsuit would be one of the requirements. I was also asked what my take was on a 25-year-old girl making love to a 17-year-old boy. I failed to fathom the logic. After such questions, I told Vikas that I was leaving and walked out. Many girls left like I did too, but many also did the kissing shots in the next room.”

“I am extremely shocked. More than shocked, I am disappointed. Where has the creativity gone? Are actors and actresses going to be judged by how well they smooch and how well they can carry off a swimsuit?” Trupti exclaimed, her anger rising, “Why were we not briefed that we would be asked such embarrassing questions? I had asked them for a brief prior to the audition but the girl on the line merely said that she knew nothing about the role.”

Well Trupti, those are some murky waters you claim to have paddled through. Whoever said tinsel town was a cakewalk? But make sure you never kiss and tell. That’s the golden rule.

Project head, Vikas Gupta clarifies

Q.What is the show about, for which aspirants who auditioned were asked to kiss strangers?

A. We can’t say anything yet.

Q.Have you received any backlash from the contestants or their parents?

A. No. Everyone was in the loop.

Q. Apart from smooching, why were the girls asked if they would be comfortable wearing a swimsuit?

A. I didn’t ask them anything about a swimsuit. They were asked only about the kiss. Smooch nahin kaha, kiss kaha tha.

Q. Did you meet the contestants on a one-on-one basis?

A. Yes. But not everybody. Only those who were shortlisted.

---------------------------------
this ekta psycho lady will ask people now to have open sex for showing more intimacy huh...oh Ekta so frank u then plz u only come in like this scene .... kiss kis neh keya ekta ki kissing and dash -- 101 episodes ka family kissing drama starring Soup Queen Ekta Kapoor lolz :kiven

bijender

Bi Jender Reeves
Guys -- but then these Vikaass' they are not the ones who create masterpieces that come on channels like World Movies----- they just create onedayers.---- so relax and chill ---- serial aayega jaayega ---- dus din baadh -- kaun saa serial tha -- kaun vikas -- kaun ekta--- ?? --- i have never seen ekta kapoor yet on tv --- i dont know who she is -- really i mean it-- But yes i know great movies like the godfather, the counterfeiters , Amiley and so on.