Kingfisher plan to fly overseas under cloud

SHauKeeN GaBRu

Chardi Kala
Kingfisher plan to fly overseas under cloud

New Delhi: Kingfisher Airlines' plan to fly from Bangalore to San Francisco from April 2008 and thereafter to New York would be in jeopardy if there is no change in government policy on overseas flights by airlines.
Kingfisher Airlines Chairman Vijay Mallya has said that he would use the rights of Air Deccan to fly overseas. But that may be easier said than done.
Under existing government policy, only airlines that have been flying domestically for more than five years are eligible to fly overseas.
"There is no provision to allow one carrier to use the other's rights if one just has a stake in the other," says a senior aviation ministry official. Only if an airline is fully bought over or merged can the rights be used interchangeably. The policy is that "traffic rights on international routes allotted to an airline being taken over will be transferred subject to its actual use."
It is important to note that the A340-500 aircraft that Kingfisher plans to use for the overseas flights, with 36 first class and 204 Kingfisher class seats, will be Kingfisher aircraft.
Moreover, the service that Kingfisher intends to provide is intrinsically linked to its brand and will be a premium business class product, with possibly a 'chef-on-board', quite in contrast to what Air Deccan might offer as and when it does fly overseas.
05/09/07 Anjuli Bhargava/Business Standard

http://www.business-standard.com/common/storypage.php?autono=296929&leftnm=1&subLeft=0&chkFlg=

pps309

Prime VIP
Kingfisher is really the best airline in India.
I travelled on Indian, Sahara, Deccan and Kingfisher, I found kingfisher very good and thereafter never tried anyother airline. Travel is fun in kingfisher, travel sucks in deccan.
I miss old kingfisher days........Not even a single domestic airline in US can match Kingfisher in India.......