KIDNAPPED BOY RESCUED WITHIN 24 HOURS

Lily

B.R
Staff member
KIDNAPPED BOY RESCUED WITHIN 24 HOURS, 3 HELD

Jalandhar September 27:
Within 24 hours of the kidnapping of a schoolboy, Tajinder Singh, alias Kaka, a resident of Pratabpura village, for ransom of Rs 30 lakh, the Jalandhar police has not only rescued him safely, but also arrested three persons, including a woman, at Samarai village early this morning. The fourth kidnapper, however, managed to escape.
The SSP, P.K. Rai, got details from the telecommunication department regarding the location of the mobile phone that was used by the kidnappers to make the last call to Tajinder Singh’s mother Amarjit Kaur. To nab the kidnappers, 20 PCR teams were pressed into service in and around Samarai village last night.
A team noticed a Honda City car parked in a street leading to a small house in Samarai Colony. Villagers told policemen that the car occupants were relatives of Gurdev Kaur, wife of Tarsem Singh, and had come last evening. Jasbir Singh Randhawa, in charge, PRC, revealed that two policemen Gian Chand and Trilok Singh got suspicious when they questioned Gurdev Kaur and her guest Sikandar Kumar, a resident of Amritsar.
The police interrogated Sikander Kumar, who was residing in Dhina village in a rented accommodation, following which he disclosed the location of Tajinder Singh. He also admitted to have kidnapped Tajinder Singh for ransom along with his accomplice from near Eklavya School at Pratabpura village early on Thursday morning.
The PCR men later informed senior police officials. Gurdev Kaur, Sikander Kumar and Tajinder Singh were taken to a police station. The police later arrested Sukhjinder Singh, a resident of Pratabpura village, after Sikander Kumar disclosed his involvement in the kidnapping. Their fourth accomplice, Amandeep Singh, a resident of Kot Sadique, is still absconding. The police has also seized the car and a toy revolver used by the kidnappers in the crime.
Tajinder Singh, alias Kaka, said the car-borne kidnappers asked him about the way and when he went near them, they pulled him inside the car. “They threatened to kill me and tied my hands after blindfolding me. They also directed me to sit on the floor between the front and back seats of the car,” he recalled.
“Then they took me to the top floor of a house and even served me food on both days. They made me to call my mother and demanded money from her. They later switched off the mobile set,” he said. Meanwhile, a wave of happiness descended on the village soon after the police handed over the boy to his parents. The police has registered a case under section 304-A of the IPC.