Kareena’s pregnancy a blessing for Veere Di Wedding: Sonam Kapoor

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
_fcc0d7585b0611e692e9543a978214abpng-1.jpg

If you thought the script of Kareena Kapoor Khan’s next was modified to show her character pregnant, that’s not true. Sonam Kapoor, Bebo’s co-star in Veere Di Wedding, says it was there all along.
“If Kareena had not gotten pregnant, we’d have had to use prosthetics for her character to look pregnant. So in many ways, her pregnancy is God-sent for our film,” says Sonam.

“Lolo (Karisma), Bebo (Kareena), my sister Rhea and I have always been close. Bebo is one of my favourite actresses. It’s a pleasure to work with her,” adds the 31-year-old, who calls herself “lucky to be working with three diverse and outstanding actresses” in the film that also stars Swara Bhaskar and Shikha Tilsania.

“I bonded with Swara during Raanjhana (2013). She is my friend and sister. We also have the very talented Tiku Talsaniaji’s talented daughter Shikha,” says Sonam.
Veere Di Wedding is directed by Shashanka Ghosh, who directed Sonam in Khubsoorat two years ago.The light-hearted film with a social message is not the first chick-flick that Sonam has done. In 2010 she had done Aisha.

“But why call film with female protagonists a chick flick? When cinema has films about boys’ bonding, they are not called rooster flicks?” says Sonam.
The actor is not the only central character in this film, as was the case in Neerja. And she’s perfectly okay with that. “I don’t look at it that way. I had a 25-minute role in Delhi 6. Boman Irani, who is the best human being in the film industry, said something really great. He said there are no big or small roles, only big or small actors.It’s not about the size of the role. It’s what I do with it.I don’t need to be the heroine-heroine all the time,” she says.