Kaka Bhaniawala Passes Away

ipodouch

Kaka Bhaniawala passed away at a Ludhiana hospital April 13th. He died from complications from his liver as he was suffering from Jaundice. While undergoing a blood transfusion, he was infected and subsequently passed away. It is reported that lack of rest combined with Kaka's occasional habit of drinking were contributors to his illness.
Kaka Bhaniawala, whose real name was Santokh Singh Rataurh, was best known for his songs "Daru Pee Ke," "Jawani," and "Nachna Ohnda Nee." He was a major presence on the bhangra scene and was well known in his home country India, Canada, and the UK. His refreshing voice and upbeat attitude was heartwarming to see as he enjoyed his craft very much. Some of his best work comes with artists such as Tigerstyle, DJ H, DJ Rags, and was also slated to be on Taj-E Sik's new album.
Soon after Kaka Bhaniawala's death, he was cremated. His funeral will be held tomorrow in Punjab. Kaka's death is sadly only the latest in a string of fairly recent deaths to hit the bhangra scene hard. Prior to Kaka Bhaniawala's untimely passing, bhangra was still reeling from the deaths of Surjit Bindrakhia, Kulwinder Dhillon, and Soni Pabla.
Reaction to the sad news has been emotional, even while details of his passing are still developing. Gurps DJ Phoenixx said, "A talented brother with a voice like no other, very unique and hard to find. Just by hearing his vocals you were able to realize that the person singing is none other than Kaka Bhaniawala. Meeting and working with him have been the high points of my music career and will never be forgotten. Words can never express the loss this bhangra industry has recieved. Rest in peace and may God bless your soul, Santokh Singh Rataurh also known by millions as Kaka Bhaniawala."
DJ Dips had this to say. "I was and still am very shocked to hear the sad news of Kaka passing away. What can I say... he was an absolute pleasure to work with through both the album and the video. All that can be said is thank you for all the work and inspiration you put into and have given the industry. You are a true legend and will be missed. My condolences got out to the family may his soul rest in peace."
Bob E said, "I heard about the sad news this morning and don't know where to start to tell you how I feel about the loss of such a great artist. I personally did not get the chance to meet him but always wanted to. He was and will continue to be a massive inspiration to me and I'm sure to all the other musicians in the same field of music. Kaka Bhainawala was and will always be in my heart a phenomenal talented artist. RIP Kaka Bhaniawala
He was immensely talented and we were lucky to hear him share his gift of song to us. He will be sorely missed and bhangra definitely lost a much talented soul today.
Feel free to post your thoughts and condolences to his family as well.

jasmine69

Jasmine Boparai
Kaka Bhaji was a Gem of a person! Truly a Legend. I luvd his all tracks, Kisay Hor Banere, Vaddeya Sharabia, Jawani, Daru Pee K jatt Bukdey, Pagg Jaroorey Bankeh, Dil Aashiq Tere Te, Dil Vich Dhaareya, Giddeh Vich, Nachle Sohniye, Haal Paaglaan Waang, Chuni Thalley Laung, Kehra Jatt Nu Lalkara Maru, n all.... Its a long list!!

In one of his Interview he talked about his son to make him a Vocalist : So, hope to see Junior Bhaniawala soon in Bhangra Industry. May Waheguru Ji Rest his Soul in Peace.
WJKK WJKF...