Jay Sean Signs Deal with Lil' Wayne

Jay Sean Signs Deal with Lil' Wayne's Cash Money Records!

Source: DeisHits

Look who’s won more bragging rights. R&B heartthrob, Jay Sean, didn’t pick up any awards at the MOBO’s tonight, but he’s won something much bigger! He announced during the awards ceremony that he had just signed a deal with Lil Wayne’s Cash Money Records. I guess this more than makes up for losing out to Dizzie Rascal for best UK male singer!Desi Hits’! very own presenter, Ashanti Omkar, was at the awards show and got us the full scoop. Jay Sean made the exciting announcement during a backstage skit after his performance to ‘Ride It’ and ‘Tonight’. The MOBO crowd went absolutely wild! Jay seemed very calm and collected, but his excitement was very apparent.It seems like Jay’s been chillin’ with Lil’ Wayne for quite some time now. The R&B sensation mentioned that he had just seen the rapper last week, while picking up Lil Wayne’s MOBO award. Many of the winners such as Lil Wayne, Chris Brown and Leona LewisJay definitely more than made up for it with his big news! Jay Sean is the first South Asian artist to get signed on to Cash Money Records, which is a subsidiary of Universal Music. The CEO of the record label, Monte Lipman, recently announced that he wanted the label to veer away from just hip hop and get involved in all different genres of music such as soul, rock and pop. Here at Desi Hits!, we’re all about the east meets west collaborations. DH! recently engineered the Pussy Cats Dolls in RockyS. SeanKingston’s Bollywood Girls’ Jay-Z and M.I.A.’sIt seems like dropping out of med school wasn’t such a bad idea for the singer! ‘ new remixed track. So, we’re proud to spread the news of this major achievement of a South Asian artist! were missing from the awards ceremony, but saris, remake and the world-wide exclusive of Jay-Z and M.I.A.’s new remixed track. So, we’re proud to spread the news of this major achievement of a South Asian artist! It seems like dropping out of med school wasn’t such a bad idea for the singer!