Punjab News Jagbir Singh Brar resigns from Punjab assembly

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Jalandhar April 23:

Punjab ruling Shiromani Akali Dal MLA Jagbir Singh Brar resigned from the State Assembly expressing solidarity with the expelled party leader Manpreet Singh Badal and questioning the leadership of Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal.

Brar, who was elected MLA from Jalandhar Cantonment on a SAD ticket, said “I have resigned in support of Peoples Party of Punjab (PPP) president Manpreet Singh Badal. I could not fulfill the promises made to the people of my constituency and that is one of the reasons for my resignation.” “I will fax my resignation letter to Punjab Vidhan Sabha Speaker,” Brar added.

On asking whether he had also resigned from the primary membership of SAD he said, “I have not resigned from the party yet but very soon I will be writing a letter to Sukhbir Singh Badal in this regard.” To a question about the reason of his resignation, Brar said: “There are two reasons for my step, first is that I am joining Peoples Party of Punjab led by Manpreet and the second is the Sukhbir Singh Badal.”

Sukhbir is controlling the Shiromani Akali Dal in an autocratic way and many other legislators are also angry over his ways of functioning, alleged Brar adding that Sukhbir “has no right to remain as the party head”. Earlier, Manpreet, a cousin Sukhbir, was expelled from SAD on October 20, last year for alleged breach of party discipline after he fell out with the leadership over the debt waiver issue.