ISHMEET'S FRIENDS FEEL HIS ABSENCE

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Ludhiana August 3:
He isn't there to wish his friends back on Friendship Day, but silent prayers have gone up from hundreds of lips to Ishmeet Singh, for happiness and peace wherever he is.
Robin, a friend of the young singer who died in Maldives on Tuesday, said, when everyone will wish their friends I will be alone, with nobody to call a friend. Just 15 days before his death he called me up and suggested songs for a competition I was to participate in. Ishmeet even invited me to his place in Mumbai. He wanted to settle in Mumbai and had even taken admission in Mumbai Khalsa College to pursue his studies."
Another friend, Jai, equally heartbroken and sad at Ishmeet's untimely and shocking demise, recounted how the group of 10 friends would gather at the college music room and sing aloud, sometimes in chorus, sometimes in competition. "I don't know why God is so cruel to nice people" he said. "In 2007, during a competition organised by Kala Sangam, both Ishmeet and I presented a guest item.
After the performance we sat down and started giving tips to each other and the mistakes we committed while singing. But destiny had some other plans for him." The silence and darkness of Ishmeet's residence here is reflected in the faces of most of his friends. Harpreet Singh can't go to the college music room again. "It haunts me," he said blankly.
The dead singer's friends have now submitted a request to the principal of SCD Government College asking the institute's cultural committee to be called Voice of India Ishmeet Singh Cultural Committee. Some people and their memories, they say, should never fade.