Indian Cycling Sensation Deborah Herold Creates History, Now Ranks 4 In World Ranking

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
index1750x500-1.jpg

* Deborah Herold, a 20-year-old from Andaman and Nicobar, now ranks four in world ranking.
* She is first Indian female cyclist to be ranked fourth in the world.
* Her chance to qualify for Rio Olympics has improved a lot.

She won one gold and two silver medal in Track Asia cup, improving her ranking from 10 to 4. She collected 211 points in 500m time trial and secured fourth place in the World Elite UCI(International Cycling Union) released by UCI.

This performance of Deborah Herold has improved ranking of Indian team to 13th, positioning India highest in Asian country in 500m time trial. To qualify for World Championship,a team needs to be in top 15. However, this ranking will further update after Asian Championship which will be held from 26-30 January 2016 in Japan.

Deborah Herold has to struggle a lot reach this position . Her home got washed away in Tsunami and she has to live on a tree for a day, to survive herself.

After achieving this feat, Deborah said “I am happy that my ranking has improved a lot and I am the first Indian cyclist to reach at this stage but I want to improve more in the coming days and aiming to be number 1 in the World. I would like to thank our federation and government for their continuous support in our preparations. I am working hard to qualify for Olympics now. ”