India would make Pakistan barren by 2014

Dhillon

Dhillon Sa'aB™
Staff member

Quantum of solace has turned into a reality - while in the film the villainous Dominic Greene cuts off water supply of Bolivia, off the camera India would suck Pakistan dry in the next six years.
In case you fell off your chair out of shock, the juice here is that blocking the water through construction of dams in violation of the Indus Water Treaty, Pakistan would effectively become a barren land.
According to Pakistan Indus Water Commissioner Jamaat Ali Shah, India had constructed dams at various rivers and continued doing so in violation of the Indus Water Treaty.
The Treaty, he said, allowed New Delhi to generate electricity on the flow of the river but said water to Pakistan cannot be stopped, the Daily Times reported on Monday.
Dismissing India's claim that it had stopped Pakistan's water only from August 19 to 28, he said,"we do not accept the Indian point of view because India has stopped water till September 5 according to our estimate".
The commissioner said that an Indian delegation was supposed to visit Pakistan on November 29 for discussions. Pakistan has formally complained to India about the alleged diversion of river waters to fill the Baglihar dam, claiming this was a violation of the Indus Waters Treaty.
Pakistan Water and Power Minister Raja Pervaiz Ashraf had earlier said that they would seek compensation from India in the form of additional discharge of water for the reduction of the flow of the Chenab from 55,000 cusecs to 22,000 cusecs.

[/img][/LEFT]

Sweet_Jatti

.*. KiNdEr .*.
Re: India would make Pakistan barren by

thanks for the info . .. this is the only thing most indians n pakis fight about :(

reshmi_mutiyar

LITTLE KITTEN

hmm nice post............ but me 4 one....as i have been to pakistan punjab... lahore is beautiful.....more beautiful than any city in indian punjab.... i want pakistan and india to unite again. so i can visit lahore more often......... this blockage of water, will damage the relations between the two countries--------sad.sad.sad.sad:(:(

arpita

Prime VIP

as if they already had little reason to fight with each other....damn politics.... :(