India announces $450 million aid

Lily

B.R
Staff member
India announces $450 million aid to Afghanistan

Agencies
Published: August 04, 2008, 15:03

New Delhi: India on Monday announced $450 million in development aid to neighbouring Afghanistan, and both countries vowed to fight terrorism.

Afghanistan, India and the United States have accused Pakistan's spy agency of being involved an attack at the Indian embassy in Kabul that killed 58 people.

"It was an attack on the friendship of India and Afghanistan," Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh said shortly after meeting visiting Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

"We have agreed that we will not allow terrorism to stand in our way, we will fight it unitedly and with full determination," Singh said.

Analysts say that Pakistan is worried about India's rising influence in Afghanistan, the recipient of hundreds of millions of dollars of Indian development aid in recent years.

"We will allocate an additional amount of $450 million over the $750 million announced so far to effectively meet the requirement of our ongoing and forthcoming projects," Singh added.

India is now involved in training Afghanistan's police and diplomats, building roads and hospitals, and supporting trade and services.

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
ure gareeb kisaana nu ik vele di roti naseeb ni hundi.. chale baharle mulk wasaaun..

eho ji cheejan karan to pela ik waaar kise gareeb di majburi usde munh te jhalakdi ta vekhni chaidi ina nu

people vote so dat their elected leaders and govt will listen to thier issues and try to uplift their basic living necessities and try to provide atleast two meals a day to them but not for building lives and uplifitin foriegn lands..

pps309

Prime VIP
I understand ke aadmi taahi sukhi reh sakda je aas paros sukhi aa, par DAAN OHNA HI RAAS AAUNDA JO APNI AAUKAD DE HISAB NAAL KITA JAAVE.
Apne lok te bhuke mari jaande aa etthe. More than 70% of Indian population live on Rs 50 a day.

Haryana te Rajasthan border te ehje kinne hi pind aa jitthe bus nahi jaandi, pakki sadak v nahi haigi.
UP ch haje v kinne pind haige aa jitthe ke lite nahi aaundi.
MP te Orissa ch mukhmari naal har saal Laakhan lok marde aa.

Hor v bohat kuch hona, north east te baki gareeb states ch, as media do not cover them so ppl are unaware.

Aarushi murder case could be seen anytime on anynews channel and how many time was Hemkunt Sahib's Land slide (Snow slide) was broadcasted on news TV channels?

munda_wakhre_type_da

-- Kem da Gui --
cant say to guri paaji's comments

veere i undrstand ke we have to maintain relationships with other nations too if we c in da long run.. if we invest now in their lands in the times of need den only we wil be able to gain their confidence and use global policies in our benefit later on.. i m nt against it..
my point is that our gvt shd be be serious about our indian people too.. the fact that 70% of the leaders in the indian parliament have criminal charges against them and are illiterate but still running our nation is the root cause i believe