Punjab News In Ferozepur, Amarinder calls badals ‘cowards’

Lily

B.R
Staff member
Ferozepur November 24:

State Congress president Amarinder Singh continued his tirade against the SAD government by describing the Badals as “cowards”. Claiming that the Badals will leave India soon after loosing the 2012 Assembly elections, Amarinder said: “I have known this Parkash Singh for long. Oh sari family darpok hai.” He was speaking at a rally held in Ferozpur as part of the party’s Punjab Banchao Yatra.

Leader of Opposition Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, however, was conspicuous by her absence at the rally. Amarinder told the gathering that the party will present the Congress manifesto by December-end. BPL families, traders and farmers all will have their say in the manifesto. “We will not present it earlier because then the SAD-BJP combine will copy us,” he said. Asking party workers to pick up lathis against the Akalis, Amarinder said: “We are not wearing bangles. This time, not only with lathis, we will beat them with votes as well in elections, where they won’t get more than 10 seats.”

The PPPC chief also targetted television channels covering parties campaigning for the Assembly polls. “I often see a lot of TV channels covering my rally, but when do they show the telecast, I don’t know. Fastway and PTC are owned by Badals. They are earning Rs 1 crore a day through these channels. So, the shows are also telecast as per the will of the Badals.” Amarinder stated that the border district of Ferozepur, which lacks development, needs a cancer hospital and industries to set shop. “During my tenure as CM, I had brought Rs 1 lakh crore investment to Punjab, which would have given employment to 10 lakh people. But Badals sat on all those files and asked for a share from each company. So, all ran away.”