IAS Topper Ira Singhal Kept Begging For Help, Couldn’t Save Life Of A Road Accident Victim

Miss Alone

Prime VIP
Untitled114750x500-1.jpg

Ira Singhal who topped this year UPSC exam, has to face a situation where she was not able to road accident victims, one of who succumbed to injuries and died. This shows how apathetic we are, when it comes to helping someone in need. We were outraged when Jyoti Singh(Nirbhaya) was brutally raped, but no one realises that there were other culprits who didn’t help her when she was lying on road. If someone would have helped her, we could have saved her.

“Today, 4 of us were travelling down from Mussoorie to Delhi. Midway, in Muradnagar, we came across an accident. A Maruti had crashed into a tractor and the driver and the passenger of the Maruti were badly injured. We stopped to help and alongwith the collected locals on this extremely busy Delhi-Meerut highway, we pulled the two of them out. To transport this badly injured and bleeding two, we called the local ambulance but to no avail. In the meantime, I decided to stop the passing traffic in the hope that I could find at least one car to transport the one of the two. All the cars were slowing down when passing us in order to stare at the mess and glorify in the horrific scene. But as I knocked and banged on the sides of at least 20 cars and waved frantically to many many more, NOT EVEN ONE stopped. This is our humanity. We finally called the police van and transported one of them. The other died on scene. It saddens me that not even ONE of those people thought that it could have been them just as easily. Not even one had enough shreds of humanity to stop and help. Is this the nation we have created for ourselves? For all that these drivers knew, I was a tiny girl asking them to help in the dark night on a busy road on the scene of a horrible accident. And they all refused. This is our world. This is us.”
– Ira Singhal

Till the time we don’t realise our responsibility, we have no right to question the authorities. We don’t help a road accident victim, there might be a day, when there will be no one to help us.